EZ-Flash-IV Can't erase game from Nor

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Rafa5552, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:47 AM.

1. Rafa5552
    OP

Rafa5552 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Brazil
    As title says, i once got Fire Emblem into my NOR Memory bc i was messing with it and now i just can't get it off, i press select on it and prompt the '' Delete Y/N ? '' Message and says '' Deleting'' and after its done it is still there... its very annoying and i really wanna get rid of it, any ideas ?

2. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Attempt to flash another game to NOR. What model version are you on? I'm using EZ-Flat IV v2.05 on the Mini SD model and it's working properly.

3. Rafa5552
    OP

Rafa5552 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Brazil
    It says [SD] V2.050 on the corner, i try to flash another game on it and nothing, FE stays there, i try to format NOR, erase it, nothing works ...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry for the late reply btw

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Four things
    1) If you have other things on the NOR it will have to erase those first -- first in, last out. Just a way it works. Most likely not that though.
    2) You can press start I think it was and format the whole NOR. Might sort your problem
    3) What loader are you using? If you have a newer model and flashed an older version (say one bundled with a skin) then it might not support newer revision loaders. Flash the latest loader and try again.
    4) Are you on an original GBA and using rechargeable batteries? Most such batteries are 1.2V rather than the 1.5V of disposable cells and that voltage drop can really mess with the NOR writing commands.

5. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I can attest to the batteries issue, everything worked fine again when inserted into my Gameboy Player.

6. Rafa5552
    OP

Rafa5552 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Brazil
    Well, i tried to format the NOR memory but the FE still there, so that doesn't work, i'm using a EZ-Flash-IV, and the firmware is [SD] V2.050, which i think is the latest loader, i'm on a original GBA using v1.5 disposable batteries, i think the problem might be the cartridge battery, which i might need to change, a hack rom of pokemon give me the dry battery message, but poke fire red does not, which left me quite confused ... (Also sorry for taking so long to answer)

7. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Pokemon FireRed doesn't have a battery in it.

8. Rafa5552
    OP

Rafa5552 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Brazil
    I didn't know that, i might need to change the cartridge battery then, but the small screw holding it together is so bad that i really don't know how to remove it, i will try the rubber band method if i find one ...