Hardware EZ Flash IV - Battery is dry or first in

D

Deleted-236924

Post pictures of the card (Preferably high-quality pictures if you can.)
When did you get it?
Is the rubber coating on the battery yellow or orange?
What's written on the battery?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Summary of EZ Flash IV Wiki:
First in or Not Enough Power

This issue refers to the EZ IV's SRAM and can mean one of three things:
A) The internal battery is not charged.
B) The internal battery is dead, or not soldered properly, or otherwise has no connection
C) The SRAM hasn't been initialised.

You should only see this error once. After an initial charge of the internal battery, by either leaving your NDS on for a few hours with the EZ Flash IV inserted, or by plugging the EZ4 into an EZ I, II, or III linker for the same period of time this issue should no longer occur.

If charging the NDS with the EZ Flash IV inserted doesn't fix your problem, then contact your vendor for further instructions. You may have to return your cart, as it could be faulty.

Extended Information:
There has been a history of batteries not being soldered correctly to the circuit board, meaning that the battery is just not connected. It may be possible to fix this error by resoldering it to the board. But be warned, this does violate your warranty, and it is recommended that you call the vendor first!

To Trouble Shoot the battery connection:
After doing the above steps use a Voltage Meter on the two pins of the battery (Red to Positive and Black to Negative) If there is not a 3 volt voltage read on your Voltage Meter then the battery needs to be replaced. The battery you need to make the replacement is a Panasonic VL2020 (3volt, 20mAh button cell battery with vertical soldering pins). They are available online for about two dollars at Mouser Electronics. If the battery has a charge and your experiencing the "first in or not enough power" issue then you need to solder one or both pins to the circuit board, making a solid connection.

Source

Chemowski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I let the damn thing be on during the night! It worked in the beginning but then it stopped work again. I am gonna open the thing and look if its solded or not. I'll tell ya later. Here is some nice pics! And dont ask about the weird thing on the top of the pictures. I am using a new rom for my phone and well, the camera isn't really working 100%

v3ypVg.png

MoxumE.png

xDmmPx.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: