EZ-Flash IV - any slowdowns on DS games?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by jelbo, Dec 26, 2006.

Dec 26, 2006
  1. jelbo
    OP

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    The one thing I hate are slowdowns on DS games. Does the EZ-Flash IV (Deluxe) have any? I'm especially interested in Metroid Prime Pinball. I have a 1GB Sandisk Ultra II and a Sandisk 512MB MicroSD card.

2. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    metroid prime pinball works fine on my ez4.. but i think there are some random barely noticable slowdowns here and there.. i can't remember since I haven't played the game in a while [​IMG]

3. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    Yes EZIV does suffer from slowdowns.

Metroid Pinball even suffers from stuttering on EZ4.

It's never been fixed and I fear it never will.

Another example..... Castlvania POR is pretty much un-playable on my EZ4 compared to my trusty old SC-CF.

EZ4 is garbage and now EZ5 is out i bet the ez team release next to no updates for it, just like they did to EZ3 owners.

edit.. and its gba ability is way overated, it has plenty of anoyancies.. like games running jittery in ds mode and then not booting at all in GBA mode.... example to play 'Yoshi's Island 1' at the smoothness it's meant to play at you have to transfer it to NOR memory which is time consuming and stupid since it would play ok in GBA mode psram if it hard resetted (gba logo shows) instead of the forced softbooting mode using psram in gba mode.... agian never been fixed since they introduced the bug 4 or 5 updates a go, and i guess never will be.

4. jelbo
    OP

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    I see. Afaik MPP works fine on all other slot-2 cards. Some slot-1 cards suffer the same kind of slowdowns with MPP in the menu where the music stutters, and ingame it slows down as well. SCDS and DS-X are known to have the issues with MPP. I was just wondering about the EZ4 because I'm slightly tempted to buy one or an EZ5. My SCLR doesn't suffer any slowdown at all btw.

5. Verocity

Member Verocity Ö!

United States
    Everything works great for me on mine, only encoutner ive found is Tony Hawk Downhill Jam, thats it for me though.

6. Bitbyte

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    Heh, everything does work, but it does have little slowdown :/. GBA "emulation" isn't perfect either, but it's still pretty awesome. Sucks that I can't play Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin though, I keep getting random freezes.