EZ Flash IV and Wario Land 4 Savegame being lost

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Pepepuhn, May 24, 2014.

1. Pepepuhn
    OP

Pepepuhn Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2013
    Germany
    Hi, I have the following problem:

My savegame of Wario Land 4 always gets lost, when I play a different game than Wario Land 4 and then switch back to Wario Land.
    I don't have this problem with any other rom.

Any suggestions?

2. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    You patched the ROM with the ez-client (or another tool), and are giving the cart time to write the save to miniSD after you restart the GBA right?

If you go into the 'saver' directory on the miniSD when its plugged into your PC, is the save name for warioland 4 corrupt (ie not the full rom name, likely with a '.' in the middle of the name)?
    If so, rename the ROM to 8.3 naming convention (8 or less character file name, 3 character extension).

Some games just wont save if they have longer ROM names. I just checked my miniSD backup and warioland 4 looks to save fine for me with a longer file name so I'm not sure if this is the issue.

3. Pepepuhn
    OP

Pepepuhn Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2013
    Germany
    Thanks for your reply.
    It probably is the name of the ROM. I'm going to try the 8.3 naming convention. However my Mini-SD adapter is broken. So I got to wait for my new one to arrive to verify this.

4. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    By Mini-SD adaptor do you mean that you are using a microSD and adaptor in the EZ-flash? Those adaptors are known to cause many people issues, an actual miniSD card is highly recommended.
    If you meant a miniSD to Full Sized SD adaptor for use in a card reader, please ignore this post :)

5. Pepepuhn
    OP

Pepepuhn Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2013
    Germany

I meant the latter one ;)

Count Duckula likes this.