EZ Flash III vs. IV

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by galneon, Jul 11, 2006.

Jul 11, 2006

EZ Flash III vs. IV by galneon at 12:04 AM (1,276 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. galneon
    OP

Member galneon GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Trying to decide which one to buy for my GBASP... I can't seem to find a list of all games that use RTC. Does anyone know where I can find one? Does the EZF IV support rom compression like the III? If the IV has compression, and there are no RTC games I'd like to play, I'll probably go with the IV, but I'd like to see a list.

2. Heinrisch

Member Heinrisch GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    If you are only going to play GBA games I would go with a 1 gigbit EZIII. However, if you are thinking about upgrading to a ds, go with the EZIV.
    Both support rom compression. There are not many RTC games, and even those few games that use it most often work without it.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Except for some pokemon titles and I think there was one other GBA title that uses RTC.
    That does matter though as you can easily patch the rom using GBATA:
    http://www.gbadat.altervista.org/tools.htm and get it working (albeit the clock does not advance during power off like it might have otherwise).
    DS roms use the built in DS clock.

GBA code compression is currently not supported but I should imagine it will be added at some point (the hardware setup still makes it very viable) and I hesitate to add it may even be stronger compression due to the increased DS power although you being on an SP will mean this will not affect you.

Personally I am really liking having external memory, saying this the EZ3 is up to 8Gbit now which is load of roms.
    The one thing the EZ4 does have is long filename support (the EZ3 uses 8.3 naming).

4. tRiBaLmUnKy

Member tRiBaLmUnKy GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I believe that other game is Boktai.

5. djprotoss

Newcomer djprotoss Member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Correct, Boktai does use the RTC - and since it uses a solar panel as well, I suspect that the point is probably moot for that one.

6. galneon
    OP

Member galneon GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Thanks for the input, I'm leaning towards the IV at the moment.

7. mm91187

Newcomer mm91187 Member

Featured Posts:
    IV is great, it wont let you down