Hacking EZ Flash III - It is compatible with MoonShell?

Weej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently got a DS Lite, and I'm looking for a Flash Card to play GBA and some DS roms with. Right now I'm leaning towards EZ Flash III 1GB and PassKey 2 with the loader from DarthFader. My question, however, is whether MoonShell is compatible with EZ Flash III.

I ask because if I can get added functionality out of the card, I mine as well. Is it possible to play mp3's on a EZ Flash III using Moonshell?

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want to run moonshell the you should be looking at an EZ4, SC, or M3. I don't know if Moonshell is compatible or not, I don't think it is. But even if it is I don't think you'd want to wait forever for your music to be flashed onto it.

Weej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to run moonshell the you should be looking at an EZ4, SC, or M3. I don't know if Moonshell is compatible or not, I don't think it is. But even if it is I don't think you'd want to wait forever for your music to be flashed onto it.

How does EZ Flash IV work without the linker? And how much space does it have? None of the websites seem to tell you the size of the cart itself.
unsure.gif

danielmakana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The ezflash 4, supercard, and m3 all have removable storage.

The Ezflash 4 uses mini sd cards so it can have a compacity of 2gigs because that is the largest mini sd card size.

That is 16Gb. So 16 times more space than the ezflash 3

Weej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ezflash 4, supercard, and m3 all have removable storage.

The Ezflash 4 uses mini sd cards so it can have a compacity of 2gigs because that is the largest mini sd card size.

That is 16Gb. So 16 times more space than the ezflash 3

But everything you need comes provided in the dev kit, right? The cartridge, the removal storage and the usb? How exactly do you connect them all together? I'm so used to seeing images of linkers that I can't understand how you would transfer data. :'(

Weej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can read a big revieuw of Ez4!!! .. just the the home site van Gbatemp and on the left side there are a lot of guides from al devices such as ez4,m3adapter supercard,passme etc GL
smile.gif

In your sig it says you have an EZ Flash IV. Just help a n00b out of his ignorant misery. Did you get external memory provided in the kit or did you have to go out and buy one yourself in order to use it? In other words, did you have everything you needed to get it to work in the original kit?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you buy a kit that uses removable media, you do not get the removable media with the kit - unless the place you're buying it from has specifically bundled the two things together.

You need to buy the removable media separately, and then you need to have a way to read/write it on your PC. Either an internal or external removable media reader for whatever you've chosen to buy - CompactFlash (CF), Secure Digital (SD), etc.

Weej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you buy a kit that uses removable media, you do not get the removable media with the kit - unless the place you're buying it from has specifically bundled the two things together.

You need to buy the removable media separately, and then you need to have a way to read/write it on your PC. Either an internal or external removable media reader for whatever you've chosen to buy - CompactFlash (CF), Secure Digital (SD), etc.

So since EV Flash IV uses SD's I could use something along the lines of SanDisk with the stuff that comes packaged with EZ Flash IV?

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you get your EZ-Flash IV you will need
Mini SD memory which should come with a fill size adapter. Then you will need a way to hook the memory up to your computer. It usually looks like a device like this:

sd-rw3.jpg

You can normally get the EZ-Flash IV and the reader at the same store or hit ebay for memory and reader deals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.