EZ Flash DE standalone save data confusion

skudjopels

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought the DE and am loving it, but I'm quite confused on how the saving functions when switching from mode B to A. I read in the online manual that going from standalone mode to mode A can cause some issues with overwriting the mode A data, but for me the opposite happened. I only have one game on the flash cart at the moment (a Pokemon rom hack), and I will list what I did in order. Auto Save was enabled in the main EZFlash menu for the entirety of this.

1: Played the game in Mode A for 5 minutes, save it, reset the console to make sure the save works, and it does. The 5 minute save file stays.

2: Write the game to norflash using the Write to nor (clean) option.

3: Switch the cart to Mode B and play the game. As I boot it up, the 5 minute save file is what it loads up. I save the game multiple times, turning the console on and off several times between saves, and the saves worked just fine. So long as I stayed in mode B, all the saves stayed and the cart functioned as expected. I last saved the game in mode B with about 45 minutes of game time.

4: Switch the cart to Mode A, because I am curious to see if the save data from Mode B is overwriting the save data in the default mode. I boot up the game from the leftmost menu, and the 5 minute save file is what loads.

5: Switch the cart back to Mode B, and the 45 minute save file has been replaced by the original 5 minute save file.

Did I miss something important? I am not 100% familiar with all the terminology that comes with emulation but I can try to understand a good bit of it, sorry if this question is actually a basic fix that I missed in the manual.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
In the manual it is stated that you need to switch to the NOR flash menu, select the first game and then load the save file to FRAM before switching to mode B. The opposite when you switch back to mode A. Then write the save to file from FRAM. That is the only reliable way since the flashcart can't automatically load and save your savegame when you flip the mode switch in powered off state.

skudjopels

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the manual it is stated that you need to switch to the NOR flash menu, select the first game and then load the save file to FRAM before switching to mode B. The opposite when you switch back to mode A. Then write the save to file from FRAM. That is the only reliable way since the flashcart can't automatically load and save your savegame when you flip the mode switch in powered off state.
So I need to, from the NOR flash menu, load the save file every time before I switch to mode B, and save the file every time I switch back to A? Just want to be 100% sure, thank you for replying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2