Hardware ez flash 4 save question

IndianGangster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok you guys need to help me fast, i need to know how to transfer a game save on my ezflash iv, to vba(visual boy advance) and back.
i really need your help on this because im leaving tommorow and i won't have my computer for over a month.......

btw: yes i did search, but i all found was how to do it if you have M3
frown.gif

btw2: i want to do this so i can transfer my savegame from goldensun 1 to goldensun 2

thx

DJ-Arthur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why do you need VBA for that? Just use the Password function... To get to it, Go to the Main Menu of Golden Sun 1, and press and Hold "Left", "R" and "B", twice. There should be added an option with an envelope as icon. Choose Password when asked how to send it. Worked fine for me, just be sure you write it down correctly... the Gold Password is a whopping 250 characters... Case-sensitive that is... (Gulp) You'd better use Notepad or something like that.

But hey... Here's how it should work:

* Back-Up the Saver using EZFlash 4 Software, it should save as a .sav file.

Option 1:

* Open the ROM in VBA.

* Click on "File", "Import", "Battery File"

* Select the .sav file you just took from the casette.

* Emulator will reset itself. WARNING! BACKUP YOUR REGULAR BATTERY FILE YOU USE ON THE VBA! etc etc

* You should now be able to use the saved games... In case you get an Error, disable your VBA BIOS file. Not sure why, but it works here.

* Once you close VBA, track down the Battery directory set in VBA config, and there is the file you want to transfer back to the EZFlash.

Option 2 :

* Open the Battery Directory (Where you save the .sav files in VBA) and replace the one for the appropriate ROM with the one you just took from the EZFlash

* Open the ROM with VBA and do what you like. If the Battery is not read correctly (like empty save slots), Disable BIOS file, and go back to the previous step.

* Once you close VBA, track down the Battery directory set in VBA config, and there is the file you want to transfer back to the EZFlash.

Hope this helps
wink.gif

Rugapand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried your way(s) but when I trade or whatever and then transfer back my save to my CycloDS+EZ-flash 3-1 expansion pack, I get my old save file(completely UNaltered, no trade on the save or anything)...I have done exactly like your guide but it just doesn't work...Help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s