Hacking EZ FLASH 4 problem with some games

juhiimi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi!

So I recently bought an EZ FLASH 4(EZ402 TF 2014.0814), i put on the 1.77 firmware and everything is working fine, even Mother 3 form nor memory, but there is one game that doesn't work which i would really like to play: Yoshi's Island. I tried everything but i always get the black screen.
I'm thinking about downgroading to another firmware, i read that Yoshi's Island is working fine with 1.72 Reset firmware. Is it ok if i downgrade to that?
The downgrade process is similar to the upgrade, i just put the ez flash up bin on my micro sd card and press the L and wait for the downgrade on my gameboy? Do i have to format my micro sd card before the upgrade?

Thank you!

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

So I recently bought an EZ FLASH 4(EZ402 TF 2014.0814), i put on the 1.77 firmware and everything is working fine, even Mother 3 form nor memory, but there is one game that doesn't work which i would really like to play: Yoshi's Island. I tried everything but i always get the black screen.
I'm thinking about downgroading to another firmware, i read that Yoshi's Island is working fine with 1.72 Reset firmware. Is it ok if i downgrade to that?
The downgrade process is similar to the upgrade, i just put the ez flash up bin on my micro sd card and press the L and wait for the downgrade on my gameboy? Do i have to format my micro sd card before the upgrade?

Thank you!
Yoshi's Island works fine on the v1.77 kernel, you don't need to downgrade (and I wouldn't advise trying the 1.72 reset kernel on a newer EZ IV Micro SD model). Yoshi needs to 'reset-on-boot' to work otherwise it will black screen. You have a couple of solutions to this. You can either hold the 'L' button for a few seconds when you select the game with the 'A' button (this will cause a reset-on-boot after the game has loaded into PSram) and the game will work. Or flash an 'Auto-Reset' v1.77 kernel to your EZ IV so you don't need to hold 'L' for any game that needs a 'reset-on-boot'. There are a couple of such kernels on this forum. I have linked them below:

BlueNight:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-iv-v1-77-with-bluenight-skin-release.432952/

EZ-Flat IV:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-iv-skin-1-77-ez-flat-iv.389868/

Last edited by Gyron_Oldvic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)