EZ FLASH 4 problem with some games

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by juhiimi, Feb 13, 2017.

1. juhiimi
    OP

juhiimi Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    Romania
    Hi!

So I recently bought an EZ FLASH 4(EZ402 TF 2014.0814), i put on the 1.77 firmware and everything is working fine, even Mother 3 form nor memory, but there is one game that doesn't work which i would really like to play: Yoshi's Island. I tried everything but i always get the black screen.
    I'm thinking about downgroading to another firmware, i read that Yoshi's Island is working fine with 1.72 Reset firmware. Is it ok if i downgrade to that?
    The downgrade process is similar to the upgrade, i just put the ez flash up bin on my micro sd card and press the L and wait for the downgrade on my gameboy? Do i have to format my micro sd card before the upgrade?

Thank you!

2. Gyron

Gyron GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    Yoshi's Island works fine on the v1.77 kernel, you don't need to downgrade (and I wouldn't advise trying the 1.72 reset kernel on a newer EZ IV Micro SD model). Yoshi needs to 'reset-on-boot' to work otherwise it will black screen. You have a couple of solutions to this. You can either hold the 'L' button for a few seconds when you select the game with the 'A' button (this will cause a reset-on-boot after the game has loaded into PSram) and the game will work. Or flash an 'Auto-Reset' v1.77 kernel to your EZ IV so you don't need to hold 'L' for any game that needs a 'reset-on-boot'. There are a couple of such kernels on this forum. I have linked them below:

BlueNight:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-iv-v1-77-with-bluenight-skin-release.432952/

EZ-Flat IV:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-iv-skin-1-77-ez-flat-iv.389868/

Last edited by Gyron, Feb 14, 2017
  3. juhiimi
    OP

juhiimi Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    Romania
    Thank you very much its working :D