Hacking EZ-Flash 4 Lite - Specific key presses reset the

CrazyPeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I am playing GBA games, whenever I press a specific set of keys (I I believe it's L+R+A+B), it resets the game and takes me into the GBA game selection thing. This is extremely annoying because it has interrupted my games so many times. I was playing Metroid Fusion and this kept happening! Does anyone know how to disable this feature?

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the soft reset key combination. You can change it in the EZ4 Client setting. You have to repatch your game using the client with the new setting for it to work.

CrazyPeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the soft reset key combination. You can change it in the EZ4 Client setting. You have to repatch your game using the client with the new setting for it to work.

In my EZ4 Client (Beta3), there's only 3 buttons, Open, Send, and Config. The Config button brings up a dialog box that lets me config the language and the skin. Where can I find the setting for the soft reset keys?

CrazyPeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK my client doesn't seem to have that button that you have. Anyway, in the main screen, my client has a "Reset" checkbox. Apparently if I UNCHECK that box when uploading the games, it won't apply the Reset patch. While we're on the same subjet, what does "Apply Save Patch" mean?

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK my client doesn't seem to have that button that you have. Anyway, in the main screen, my client has a "Reset" checkbox. Apparently if I UNCHECK that box when uploading the games, it won't apply the Reset patch. While we're on the same subjet, what does "Apply Save Patch" mean?
I have no idea...I just leave them as default when sending roms and it works fine.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That option has yet to be figured out, but it's most likely a generic save patch (like what GBATA does) to make different EEPROM (or was it SRAM?) save versions compatible - not that I've ever had a problem with any save version
tongue.gif

The other idea is that it could be some sort of real time save patch - it's doubtful though.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That option has yet to be figured out, but it's most likely a generic save patch (like what GBATA does) to make different EEPROM (or was it SRAM?) save versions compatible - not that I've ever had a problem with any save version
tongue.gif

The other idea is that it could be some sort of real time save patch - it's doubtful though.

Maybe not so doubtful as one might think. EZ3 has instant saves/snapshots/whatever you want to call them. The EZ4 is pretty much an EZ3 w/ the NAND replaced by the miniSD, so I don't see any reason why the EZFlash team couldn't implement it on the EZ4. I'm not suggesting that it is implemented and working currently or even that that is what said button is for, mind you, just that I would think it probable in a future update (for GBA games at least).

As far as it being an EEPROM save patcher, this is what I'd guess it's function is. What little GBA software I've put on my EZ4 I never bothered to turn it off.
smile.gif

Edit: The save patcher isn't generic, BTW, as long as the game in question is in the EZClient/EZmanager/EZ4Client XCode list.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU