ez flash 4 lite deluxe vs m3 lite

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by kelvin525, May 6, 2008.

May 6, 2008
  1. kelvin525
    OP

Newcomer kelvin525 Newbie

United States
    i have done a lot of resarch with slot-2 devices and the ones that have convinced me the most are ez flash 4 lite deluxe and m3 lite. i wanted to know what are some big differences between the ez flash 4 lite deluxe and m3 lite... like why is the m3 lite more expensive? does it have extra features that the ez flash 4 lite doesnt have? which one has better gba game compability overall? is the m3 price worth it for the m3 lite or should i just go with the ez flash 4 lite deluxe? i just want some facts between both of them. thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. trikon000

Member trikon000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The real time clock is what makes most gba flash carts more expensve.

The m3 lite has the faster PSRAM than the ez4 lite-delux, this is only noticable on a handfull of games.

compatibility wise they are the same for dealing with gba games except for those that require amounts of PSRAM or the RTC (real time clock).

If your into pokemon, get the m3 lite. otherwise just pick one.

3. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Faster PSRAM wouldn't matter because you can flash Gba-games to the EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe's norflash.

4. trikon000

United States
    in default mode your games are run through PSRAM for the EZ4.

@Minox_IX
    I am trying to explain the basic differences to someone who wants to buy something, not the preferences for NOR or PSRAM.

5. Minox

Sweden
    You just have to press select when highlighting a Gba-game to write it to norflash (you'll have to be in Gba-mode though) [​IMG]

6. trikon000

United States
    your still assuming he is going to buy a EZ4.

7. Minox

Sweden
    No, but I'm saying that the speed of the PSRAM doesn't really mather since you can flash Gba-games to norflash.

It's still his choice on which flashkart to buy and I'm not saying that the EZ Flash IV is better, it's just cheaper and IMO a better choice.

8. trikon000

United States
    your reply on the subject is bias'ed on being cheaper.

I am pointing out the technical merits of the two.

buying things are based on impulse and desire. clearly your still ruled by your id.

my 20 years of being an engineer makes me impartial by practice and habit.

In the end your opinion and mine don't count, since he is the one thats doing the buying.

9. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    PSRAM on GBA: no difference I have ever seen (any problems come from people not patching properly or using bad roms to begin with).

PSRAM on DS: this is homebrew only and a difference may be felt for those that heavily depend on it (quake (2) being the big one). (DS roms are read directly from the ?SD so it is the ?SD that does or does not do for you).

RTC: covered, a patch makes for near enough "transparent" play though.

Compatibility: when all is said and done you would be hard pressed to tell them apart.

In short both are still available this far into the "DS slot era" for a reason.