EZ-Flash 4 IV Lite Deluxe and EZ-Flash 4 Lite

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by warlock110, Jan 31, 2007.

Jan 31, 2007
  1. warlock110
    OP

Newcomer warlock110 Member

2. larvi

Member larvi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    From the EZ IV wiki, the deluxe would be better: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?t...4#About_the_EZ4

The EZ4 series is the latest flash cart series to come from the EZTeam, it comes in four versions these being the normal and the lite, deluxe and compact. The deluxe and compact are revisions to the EZ4lite model. They all use the same software and loader.

normal: 256mbit of NOR and 128Mbit of PSRAM inbuilt and uses miniSD cards. It is standard GBA card sized.

lite: uses microSD cards and also has 256mbit of NOR and 128Mbit of PSRAM, approximately the size of the GBA slot on the DSLite. Uses micro sd cards.

lite- compact: a redesign of the EZ4 lite, has limited onboard memory that the user can access and so does not have good GBA support, as a consequence this model is much cheaper than the rest of the range. Fits in the GBA slot on a DSlite. Assumed tech specs found here

The EZ4 Compact Tech Specs?:

64Mb PSRAM (8 Mbytes)

36Mb NorFLASH (4.5Mbytes)

32Mb Loader (4 Mbytes)

8Mb saver SRAM (1Mbyte)

lite-deluxe: Another redesigned version of the EZ4lite, this one features 256 Mbit of PSRAM and 384Mbit of NOR memory which makes for better GBA usage. Uses micro sd cards.

3. Gamesphere

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    STOP! Only deluxe has GBA support, thats all you need to know.

4. warlock110
    OP

Newcomer warlock110 Member

ok placed an order for a delux package... 65 bucks shipped... so far this is costing me about 300 bucks lol... we'll see how long it'll keep my attention span... i wanted something to play some old GBA games that's not yet appeared on the NDS.

5. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    Not strictly true.... A recent kernel update enabled GBA play on the compact, but only for roms up to a certain size (I forget which).
    HOWEVER, if you wish to get some serious GBA useage, it has to be a Deluxe!