ez-flash 4 help "cant find disk" and other errors

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Aekx, Aug 5, 2010.

Aug 5, 2010
  1. Aekx
    OP

Newcomer Aekx Member

United States
    Ok so, i understand that its impossible to change skins unless you update the firmware, and to do that you need ezskinner which requires windows xp.

and i also understand that you have to compile the emulator and roms together before using them

but what i dont understand is why, when i press select and select a 32 megabyte game in order to put it into nor(i think), the "deleting" message never stops. i just left it on and it eventually got to 200 megabytes.

but my main problem is the fact that no matter what i do, i always seem to be getting "can't find disk" errors upon turning my game boy on.
    i've reformatted the sd card multiple times.
    EDIT: fixed it, turns out the minisd adapter was pulled out slightly. had to push it back in

New Edit: Attempting to play pocketnes brings up a message about cheat codes after loading, and then goes white screen and then does nothing.

2. kuwanger

Member kuwanger GBAtemp Regular

Is it pocketnes itself that brings up the message or the EZ Flash IV? Could you tell me exactly which version of pocketnes you're using, a general idea of how many roms you're using and the total output compilation size, and whether you're flashing the game to NOR on the EZ-Flash IV or running it directly in PSRAM?

3. GreatCrippler

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    I am on Windows 7, and managed to use EZskinner just fine. Just replace the images, skin it, and reinstall the firmware. Viola.

4. Aekx
    OP

Newcomer Aekx Member

United States
    pocketnes finally works after recompiling the rom with a different program(i had about 10-15 roms on it)
    does anyone know if i could use a .sav file with pocketnes? i spent a few hours in mother 1 that i dont want to lose.

and for that matter, how/where do roms save using automatic/manual? whats the difference between the 2 modes? my saves for all gba games that i didnt preload into SAVER apparently dont save, forcing me to restart every time. however, games that i already have a save for loaded fine.
    furthermore, certain games seem unable to save, such as river city ransom ex, which gives me "Error: Unable to save game"

this is getting rediculous, the lack of any sort of readme coupled with the fact that more than half the time, if i alter some files on the sd card, i get hit with the "cant find disk" error, AND it cant even save due to probably a dead battery(it keeps making 0 kb files with fragmented named like yggd.ra that i cant delete unless i reformat the card.

im going to return this piece of crap.