Mamothstard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi folks,
I have been trying to get my EZ flash 3in1 to work properly. My cart was purchased about a month ago at GatewayUltra. I use it in a DS Lite in conjunction with DS2PLUS and GBA Exploader.

Upon arrival I noticed that the battery was already dead : GBA Exploader always asked me to "set this Slot2 expansion pack for GBA Exploader" every time I booted it up. I never, NEVER managed to load any save file back after powering off the console, wether it'd be NOR or PSRAM. So I sent an email to GatewayUltra saying that I wasn't satisfied but that returning wasn't an option for me. Just to clarify, I live in France, I don't really wanna spend extra money and time to send my unit back and wait for about 6 weeks for them to send me a new one. That is if they'd be sending me a new one, wich is unlikelly to happen as they never bothered to reply to my emails... yeaay \ø/...

Anyway I bought a CR1220 from Energizer and replaced the battery, did not want to solder it just yet, but it's firmly tapped to the original shoulder pads. There should'nt be any connection issue.

But that didn't change anything, at least not for the better. Now when I'm loading games from NOR or PSRAM they always say that my save files are corrupted. As an exemple I can't make a new file in Zelda ALTP/4Swords. The game says it can't save and that the save files are corrupted, same issue with mario advance 4.

Anyway, I really don't understand what I did wrong here. I did trie to fiddle with GBAExploader at some point to get my saves to work. Maybe I messed the SAV data chips for good, I really have no clue at this point.

I am lost here, so if some of you guys could help me troubleshoot that issue, I'd be very VERY grateful.
BTW sorry for the errors in grammar and various typos, English isn't my mothertongue.

Cheers :D

Mamothstard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait, I thought GBAExploader autopatched roms, aaaand that patching roms actually created problems and such. Maybe I'm mistaken.
But anyway thx, I'll try that.

I will also resolder the pads directly to the batery, just to be sure that the connection is made.

Thx again :)

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn