EZ Flash 3in1 or EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Hex111, May 15, 2014.

1. Hex111
    OP

Hex111 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2014
    United States
    I have some general questions that I can't find any answers to without asking.

1) I have an EZ Flash Vi, Will an EZ Flash IV work in conjunction with my Vi?

2) If so, where can I buy an EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe?

3) If it's even possible for me to buy an EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe, would it be worth it over the EZ Flash 3in1?

4) I have a GameBoy Micro that I would like to use as well, so I'm leaning towards the standard EZ Flash IV. Which Micro to Mini SD Card adapter would work best with a PNY 2GB Micro Memory Card?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    1) Sqeh.... it will work with it as well as any other DS slot cart, which is technically you can but it risks bricking it. The EZ4 is a fully fledged flash cart (menus, save handling, 2 gigs of storage if you can find it....) so I am not sure why you would want to.

2) The last place I saw any was http://shop.01media.com/brand.asp?ID=434 and they now appear to be out of stock, there may be some shop out there somewhere but I doubt it as the deluxe model has not been made for years (the original EZ4 has now seen a few new batches, nothing much happened for the EZ4 lites of any model). It appears to still have an original EZ4 lite (basically like a normal EZ4 but with a worse battery, approximately DS lite GBA slot size and uses microSD. Do not get the EZ4 lite compact you see on that link.

3) As mentioned the EZ4 is a fully fledged GBA flash cart. The 3 in 1 is an expansion pack, this means it can work by itself in something without a DS slot to manage it but it is a pain and you will be basically limited to one game at a time if you do that (and burning it to the NOR which can take a while, though you do only have to do it once).

4) Adapters have long been seen to cause trouble, no idea why as micro to full SD cards seem to be great little things that handle almost no end of abuse. The better quality ones seem to cause less hassle though even that is not a sure fire thing, however nobody uses miniSD any more so some people are selling off the adapters cheap and nobody knows what goes any more. If you can get a proper miniSD then do it, I usually suggest people take a wander around places that sell old cameras and mobile phones.

3. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
  4. Hex111
    OP

Hex111 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2014
    United States
    FAST6191 thanks for the reply. I'm probably going to grab an EZ Flash IV to play with the micro as well for multi-functionality.

Monty Kensicle thanks for the guide. Unfortunately I don't have Linux so I may just suck it up and buy a mini SD card =\