Hacking EZ-FLASH 3in1 GBA Rom Problem

spikeyxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.

I use an R4DS SDHC with an EZ-FLASH 3in1. I've used a few versions of Exploader.nds but currently use 0.58b.

My problem is certain ROMs, well, the majority of ROMs I've tried simply do not load past the GBA startup screen. Having read the documentation for the EZ-Flash I've been lead to understand that Clean Unpatched RAW Roms are required. This confuses me as the only ROMs I've been able to load successfully are ones I've patched. This however doesn't cause all ROMs to work (sometimes the option is grayed out).

Please help me understand what is required to get GBA roms successfully working please.

To name but a few roms that don't work : Zelda, F-Zero, Kuru-Kuru-Kururin, Mario Advance 3 and 4, ect

Thanks,

Spikeyxx

villadelfia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
spikeyxx said:
Hi all,

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.

I use an R4DS SDHC with an EZ-FLASH 3in1. I've used a few versions of Exploader.nds but currently use 0.58b.

My problem is certain ROMs, well, the majority of ROMs I've tried simply do not load past the GBA startup screen. Having read the documentation for the EZ-Flash I've been lead to understand that Clean Unpatched RAW Roms are required. This confuses me as the only ROMs I've been able to load successfully are ones I've patched. This however doesn't cause all ROMs to work (sometimes the option is grayed out).

Please help me understand what is required to get GBA roms successfully working please.

To name but a few roms that don't work : Zelda, F-Zero, Kuru-Kuru-Kururin, Mario Advance 3 and 4, ect

Thanks,

Spikeyxx

I just tried all of those games and they work just fine.

Make sure that your roms really are clean.

spikeyxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand Clean to mean non SRAM Patched, Non Translated, Non modified in anyway. I have attempted to use Roms like this, and NONE of them work. The only roms that have worked are ROMS I put through some kind of patcher (GBATA) or something like that. Even then, not all Roms work when doing this.

The roms I'm using are sourced from the usual places. If they aren't clean, I don't know what to do, cause they sure as hell don't work on my EZ-FLASH.

Is there something I'm missing to get these working? some step I'm not aware off or something?

spikeyxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right, I'm sick, what the hell is the crack with this card? I've been on youtube tutorials and all sorts, I've been on sites that distribute clean roms... THEY DON'T WORK!!!! It's christmas and I just want this to work. If anyone has any knowledge that might help in the SLIGHTEST please contribute. I know you know, and you're just reading and moving on. if you know something, please educate me.

I don't care if it's a simple tutorial, or you tell me to go somewhere else, or you tell me I have knackered card. I just want some reprieve from this.

Zieg30CT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your fake R4 (original R4's don't support sdhc) most likely doesn't autopatch gba games so it is probably at fault. (hence the need for gbata, gbaexploader and possibly the ez4 client)

the only thing you could possibly do as far as I know is try out your 3-in-1 on a different flash card like a Cyclo DS, Acekard 2.1, etc, to see if there are any problems with it.

also try out your roms on vba-m to make sure they aren't at fault.

vba-m

you'll need 7zip to extract the file.

spikeyxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try that, thanks. Also, I just tried to run a couple of gba games that HAD been working fine up until now. Now they're reanylising and not working AT ALL, only the game I had loaded to NOR is running

spikeyxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No effect, games ran fine.

Right, I'm going to update this thread to list my equipment and all problems:

I Use an R4DS SDHC (fake or whatever - it works fine with ds games) with an EZ-FLASH 3in1, and EXPloader.nds 0.57b.

Up until now ONLY certain games would run HAVING ran them through a PATCHER.

However NO ROMS WORK, AT ALL, even roms that DID WORK EARLIER.

I'm going to throw this card out of the window in two minutes.]

PLEASE Help

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On my EZ5+ I had a short time where GBA ROMs wouldn't work - I solved it by cleaning the contacts of the 3in1 with a cotton bud. Hopefully, this is the problem you're experiencing.
It could also be solved by simply reinserting the 3in1, but cleaning the contacts is always a good thing
biggrin.gif

spikeyxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
too late now, I got mad and snapped the card in half. silly, but I just got the point of obsession with the peice of shit.

Cheers for the help people
frown.gif

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Smashing up your R4 clone - A Good Thing. I hope this is what you broke.
biggrin.gif

Smashing up your 3in1 - a BAD thing. I hope you didn't break this.
tongue.gif

Are you the same spikeyxx as on the EZFlash USA Forums?

Zieg30CT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now you need a new card eh? I'd post a link to DealExtreme for an Acekard 2.1 but you probably wouldn't get one anytime soon from them due to the holidays.
If money isn't a problem I'd recommend you invest in a Cyclo DS Evolution (one of the best slot 1 carts to own right now.) Depending on where you get it it could cost anywhere from $40-$100. Acekard 2.1's at DealExtreme are now $10.92 for the compact edition and $11.70 for the full package. However, like I said it'd be quite a while to get one from them especially because of the holidays so anywhere else you order it it will be around $30-$45.

These are the two cards I'd really recommend to you since you have an EZFlash 3-in-1 (unless you broke it and not the R4) both have great support for it (Cyclo Ds Evo. has compatibility for it built into its own firmware and the AKAIO firmware for the Acekard 2.1, RPG, etc also has a great deal of support for the 3-in-1).

I wish you great luck so that when you get your next flashcart you won't be driven to rip it in half and it will work for you 100%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't really see the point in updating it tbh