Hacking Ez Flash 3in1 and R4 questions :)

Zuljaras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone!

I have a DS lite R4 (Revolution for DS) card and Ez Flash V 3in1 (not plus).
I use WOOD r4 and I play Castlevania (all 3 GBA titles) without problems. They save properly and so on.
I also want to play Pokemon games. I patched Pokemon Leaf Green (USA) with ez4 client because I read that the gbata will not patch it correctly. I play the gba games without the Gba Exploader, however from time to time I have lost the saves for some of my games 1 time for Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, 1 time for Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance, and all other times I loose the saves of my Pokemon game.

The times when I know that my saves are lost are when I load the game and after the loading screen I get black screen and a weird repetitive sound. Then I reboot my DS lite and when I enter the game again my saves are gone. Before that everything is saving fine even after I turn off the console.

Then I realised that my Pokemon GL is making this problem and I used Gba Exploader and it was fine until now, it started again with the black screen and the noise.

My psram is fine because I have done the ram check with a tool I downloaded from here. Also all my other saves are undamaged All 3 Castlevania, the 2 Metroids. It is weird because some games like Castlevania CotM did not have that problem ever.

So my question is:

1. with WOOD r4 should I use tools like gba exploader?
2. is there a fix for that weird noise and save corruption after that?
3. With gba exploader the Pokemon games overwrite eachother ... it SUX!
4. Are all games associated with the battery in the ez flash 3in1? Because games with smaller save files like Castlevania, Yu-Gi-Oh and Metroid save just fine without patching and Gba Exploader ...

Thanks in advance for any possible answers!!!

PS: Sorry for my bad English :)

EDIT:
I patched my Pokemon Leaf Green and Pokemon Ruby with GBATA ... My pokemon Ruby saves perfectly and my pokemon leaf green gives me corrupted message at the start but it loads my save anyway. I lost my Castlevania Aria of Sorrow save AGAIN and I decided to play it through Gba Exploader to see if there will be difference. I play all games even the Pokemon games in PSRAM mode and I would like to know if there will be data loss in the future.
Btw I removed the multi save slots in the gba exploader through the gba exploader.ini file. Will that make a difference in the long run?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. That is a preference, not what is better.
2. Manually adjust the save size to something larger until it works.
3. It is your responsibility to manually backup your own save with games in NOR, changing loaders will not change this.
4. You only need to patch a game if the autopatching in the loader failed to patch it for you.

Zuljaras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3. It is your responsibility to manually backup your own save with games in NOR, changing loaders will not change this.
4. You only need to patch a game if the autopatching in the loader failed to patch it for you.

How to adjust the save size manually?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The client for EZ-Flash IV and the 3in1 tool, the save size is in the same spot.

change_save_size_here.png

Zuljaras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The client for EZ-Flash IV and the 3in1 tool, the save size is in the same spot.

change_save_size_here.png

So should I just set all castlevania, metroid and other games to 1024K bits? Btw I run my pokemon games with psram patch from gbata so I could play them with gba exploader in psram mode. I save them 2 times so my save will not be lost. I kinda dont want to play 16mb games in nor mode because I change them too often :)

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Any more questions that do not require me to repeat the answer the first time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.