Daniel Singlaterry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is my first post so I don't know a lot

I have tried finding a solution on GBAtemp and on other sites but all with no answer to my problem. When I start my Nintendo DS Lite with the EZ Flash I only get the white screen on both of my screens indefinitely. Anyone has an answer to it? The model of my EZ-Flash is the EZ5C13 or the New3in1.

Here is a video of the error, thanks in advance.

Last edited by Daniel Singlaterry,

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your DSL is likely set to autoboot what is inserted. The 3in1 is has no built in loader, that means if you don't have a game flashed to it then it will give you a blank screen.

What to Do:
  1. Remove all games from the Nintendo DS, slot1 and slot2.
  2. Turn the system on by pressing the POWER button.
  3. Tap the screen using the stylus when the "Touch the Touch Screen to continue" message appears.
  4. When the main menu appears, tap the stylus on the Settings Menu Panel at the bottom middle part of the screen.
    icon_settings.gif

5. Tap the Options icon.
    icon_wrench.gif

6. Tap the Start-up Mode icon.
    icon_auto.gif

7. Tap the top box for "M Manual Mode" or the bottom box for "A Auto Mode" and tap the "Confirm" rectangle.
  8. Wait for the confirmation message to disappear, then tap "Go Back," then "Quit," then "Yes" to exit. The unit will shut down automatically to save the settings.

----

Once you changed this and got your slot1 flashcart running, you should now be able flash a game to the 3in1 depending on what your slot1 flashcart is.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,
Reactions: migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Your DSL is likely set to autoboot what is inserted. The 3in1 is has no built in loader, that means if you don't have a game flashed to it then it will give you a blank screen.

What to Do:
  3. Tap the screen using the stylus when the "Touch the Touch Screen to continue" message appears.
  4. When the main menu appears, tap the stylus on the Settings Menu Panel at the bottom middle part of the screen.
    icon_settings.gif

5. Tap the Options icon.
    icon_wrench.gif

icon_auto.gif

7. Tap the top box for "M Manual Mode" or the bottom box for "A Auto Mode" and tap the "Confirm" rectangle.
  8. Wait for the confirmation message to disappear, then tap "Go Back," then "Quit," then "Yes" to exit. The unit will shut down automatically to save the settings.

----

Once you changed this and got your slot1 flashcart running, you should now be able flash a game to the 3in1 depending on what your slot1 flashcart is.
sorry for steal thread, can i follow you or send you a pm? you got a private profile, can't even write on your profile (maybe if you follow me i could write on your profile, some members limit their profiles to people they follow)
i had read your guides on your pm and i wanted to ask you some stuff about the ds era

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Everyone's just fondling thier new/2/3DS/XL/LL these days. That just makes me an old foggie these days. You can ask your question, can't really say if i can reply back in a timely manner though.
i would rather ask in private, is that possible?
thats why i wanted to ask you, you are an old foggie, was here in the GBA\ds era and was interested in know about more that times and i got 1 or 2 questions about expansion packs (i own 2 (almost 3)

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it is a technical question about expansion packs, just make a thread and I will try to answer it for you. If it is something I don't know about, I'll just let you know that I don't know about it. I try to make it a policy on information is for everyone's benefit rather than something personalized.

I forgot how to turn PMs on and off in the settings and gbatemp went through 2 portal upgrades since the last time I went through those settings for PMs.

Daniel Singlaterry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

What to Do:
    icon_settings.gif

5. Tap the Options icon.
    icon_wrench.gif

icon_auto.gif

----

Thank you for the advice, I followed every step and I flashed a game putting the 3in1 after the device was turned on but when I turn it off and on again with the EZ flash in the slot 2 it's just the same with the blank screen, any suggestions?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you for the advice, I followed every step and I flashed a game putting the 3in1 after the device was turned on but when I turn it off and on again with the EZ flash in the slot 2 it's just the same with the blank screen, any suggestions?

Did you set it to manual?

If you already had it in manual, you might have a DSL with Flashme trying to boot your 3in1 into DS mode automatically. If that is the case you will need to dig up the Flashme readme files to find how to turn this off, because I don't use flashme to know how to do that for you.

MarKSlasH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a DSlite with flashme, but I opted to install the flashme variant that boots the slot 2 into ds mode only when I hold select. Try to hold select to see if this will disable the boot attempt. I've tested holding select with a gba cartridge and got the same 2 white screens, my gba flash cart (M3 Perfect) supports booting in slot 2.

Reactions: RahFah

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have a DSlite with flashme, but I opted to install the flashme variant that boots the slot 2 into ds mode only when I hold select. Try to hold select to see if this will disable the boot attempt. I've tested holding select with a gba cartridge and got the same 2 white screens, my gba flash cart (M3 Perfect) supports booting in slot 2.
yep, i also suspect OP has flashme with autoboot..
i also installed the no autoboot variant of flashme since this was only usefull in the old days of passme devices... (there is barely a reason to boot slot 2 as in nds mode anymore)
and IIRC.. holding select will the flashme autoboot combination will launch the slot 2 in gba mode
you can also hold START (in all DS consoles) to boot the console into the main menu (the same thing as removing both carts, or manual boot in settings)

Last edited by migles,

Daniel Singlaterry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you set it to manual?

If you already had it in manual, you might have a DSL with Flashme trying to boot your 3in1 into DS mode automatically. If that is the case you will need to dig up the Flashme readme files to find how to turn this off, because I don't use flashme to know how to do that for you.
Yes I set it to manual and I don't have a flashme file on my microSD, two days ago the 3in1 was working perfectly and around some time yerterday this randomly happened.

Daniel Singlaterry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There wasn't the option of the autorunWithLastRom, I have the R4i3DS from www.r4ids.cn. I have tried everything, downloading the firmware again, formatting the SD card and still the same all white response.

If I start a game without the GBAexploader from the slot2 card it appears what I am about to show you in the video.

So I am assuming that happens when you don't select a game or maybe there is a game flashed but I tried everything, I even changed the R4 to the R4 SDHC and is the same with the blank screen

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Go ahead and delete the system files and load a new one. If you still have the same issue, you likely do have flashme installed, assuming you bought that DSL used and you pressed the button combo to activate autoboot by accident. In that event, you will need to listen to those above on the flashme advice given.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Go ahead and delete the system files and load a new one. If you still have the same issue, you likely do have flashme installed, assuming you bought that DSL used and you pressed the button combo to activate autoboot by accident. In that event, you will need to listen to those above on the flashme advice given.
the thing is, if he has flashme, there are no settings to change, i mean, if he pressed select the next time he restarts the ds, the normal behavior would happen, there are no settings and the console doesn't save the last "position"

@Daniel Singlaterry after trying the previous solution (clean auto run from the slot 1 card)
if that doesn't solve the issue
put both cards and hold select when booting to see if there is a diferent behavior.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes I set it to manual and I don't have a flashme file on my microSD, two days ago the 3in1 was working perfectly and around some time yerterday this randomly happened.
flashme is not a file on your micro sd card,
it's a CFW (or patch for firmware) for the original DS... it0s installed into the console NAND
there are 4 versions of this installed cfw
1 which autoboots slot 2 in NDS mode
2 which boots slot 2 in NDS mode if you hold SELECT at start
both of thoose 2 can have a patch to don't display HEALTH and SAFETY screen..
however as you still got this screen i suspect you do not have flashme installed (because it's one of 2 reasons to install it is to skip health and safety message)

Daniel Singlaterry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know maybe there's nothing more you can do, because I don't find a solution and I know the 3in1 doesn't have a firmware so this is very strange.

I have pressed select with the 3in1 when I turn on the DSL but the same thing happens, white screen, changed the R4 for another card and is the same, I deleted absolutely everything but there is no change so, I am assuming is the DSL or the 3in1, I don't think I have Flashme because none of the recommendations for flashme has helped me.

Any last suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.