EZ Flash 3-in-1 vs PSP GBA emulation?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by War, Nov 17, 2008.

Nov 17, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Which one is better? I've been thinking about ordering a 3-in-1 so I can play my GBA games they were they were meant to be played (screen wise, anyway!) but what are the differences between 3 in 1 and PSP? Because PSP emulation has save states, a text reader, and the ability to use cheats... I don't think the 3 in 1 can do that stuff, right?

2. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    As far as I know it can't do any of that stuff, it basically just plays GBA games. How is the speed on the PSP GBA emulator?

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    All GBA games I've tried have ran at 100% speed, so... I might just go with the PSP.

4. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    If it's 100% speed but offers extra features that you want then I'd say the PSP definitely a better choice then the 3-in-1.

5. Amici

Member Amici GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Yeah. GBA emulation on PSP is near perfect, basically no problems whatsoever, from personal experience

6. gumbyscout

Member gumbyscout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It has cheat support if you have an EZ Flash V, but you can only play it in your ds to use cheats.

7. betawind

Member betawind GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm completely in agreement on using the PSP for GBA gaming. I've used both (I also own a R4 + 3in1) and i prefer the PSP hands down. The larger screen is a huge plus for me, plus all of the other features you get from emulation. Also, the PSP has always felt more comfortable in my hands than the DS.

8. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I have both in my house, so I think I can give you a good opinion. The PSP's advantages over the DS are the bigger screen, it's much faster to load games, cheats are easier, and save states work better. The DS's advantages are that you don't have to stretch the game so it'll fit and that the buttons are the actual buttons of a GBA. Since I have a M3 DS Real with the expansion pack, I can do save states, cheats, etc. But those features still don't compare to the ones on PSP. Save your money and stick with your PSP.