EZ Flash 3-in-1 Tool & GBA ExpLoader Saves

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Trolly, Jun 10, 2008.

Jun 10, 2008
  1. Trolly
    OP

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I've continually had problems with getting all my saves to work from when I used the 3-in-1 tool on the newer GBA ExpLoader. I've renamed them all, but some saves won't work still, is it to do with the auto-patching system in the GBA ExpLoader? Just to help, the saves that do work are my Fire Emblem saves and my Harvest Moon save, but my Metroid, King of Swing, Castlevania, Pokemon and Breath Of Fire II saves just don't appear when I select the game.
    Sorry if this has been asked before.

Also, my Fire Emblem 6 translation is lost when using the GBA ExpLoader. Is this another problem with the GBA ExpLoader's auto-patcher, as I assume it overwrites any other additional patches?

Thanks in advance.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    rename them like so

[same name as the game].sav

metroid.gba means you rename the save as metroid.sav

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Disabling GBA ExpLoader's multi-save feature has solved save problems for some people. Open the GBA_ExpLoader.ini file in a text editor and remove the # from the beginning of the No_MultiSave line. Save the file, and place it in the root of your memory card.

4. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Not only does it solve many save problems but it also makes using GBA Exploder a lot easier and less frustrating to use. Instead of going through all the multi save screen and procedures, they simply don't show up and only a single saved in used.

5. Trolly
    OP

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Nup, didn't help unfortunately. Though it did remove some clutter from the menus, so thanks very much. Anyone have any other ideas?

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Check your save folder and see if you have duplicate save files with upper and lower case extensions (e.g. Game.sav and Game.SAV in the same folder). I was having that problem recently.

7. elitegamer

Newcomer elitegamer Newbie

Canada
    OK im quite new to this. I've done loads of digging on the internet but im still not certain on what the EXPloader does. OK so i have a AK2, EZF 3in1 and M3 rumble pak. both the EZF 3in1 and rumble pak dont work. i've also read that the AK2 is supposed to support rumble pak w.out software. does the EXPloader allow me to use the EZF 3in1 and Rumble pak? THX in advance

Posts merged

OK im quite new to this. I've done loads of digging on the internet but im still not certain on what the EXPloader does. OK so i have a AK2, EZF 3in1 and M3 rumble pak. both the EZF 3in1 and rumble pak dont work. i've also read that the AK2 is supposed to support rumble pak w.out software. does the EXPloader allow me to use the EZF 3in1 and Rumble pak? THX in advance

Posts merged