EZ-Flash 3-in-1 questions

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by pilotwangs, Mar 28, 2008.

Mar 28, 2008
  1. pilotwangs
    OP

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Hello,sorry for making ''another'' 3-in-1 questions topic but it would really help me out.

I have done a bit of research on this but some things im not sure on.

1.Ive downloaded Rudolph's 3in1 tool,is this all i need(im using R4)?

2.There seems to be some problems with the new 3-in-1 carts,is this still a problem?

3.Is there a better cart out there? I like the look of the Ewin expansion pak but the 3-in-1 looks better.

(last question)

4.Will the internet DS browser work with this?

Thank you.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    1 & 2: If you buy a 3-in-1 now, you will almost certainly get the new hardware version. It has exactly the same capabilities, but the software that runs it must be updated to support the new hardware. GBA ExpLoader (the new version of the 3in1 ExpPack Tool) supports the new version, as does GBALdr. The 3in1 ExpPack Tool and NDStation do not currently support it.

If you use GBA ExpLoader, that is all you will need. If you use anything else you will need to SRAM patch any games that don't use an SRAM save type.

3. IMO, no. The eWin GBA cart is good. It has twice the RAM that the 3-in-1 has, and games load into RAM twice as quickly (not as big a difference as is sounds like), but it doesn't have any NOR flash memory like the 3-in-1 has, and it isn't supported quite as well just yet. Either cart is a good choice.

4. Yes. You will either have to patch the browser rom, or use GBA ExpLoader to set the 3-in-1 to RAM expansion mode each time you want to use the browser. Same deal with the eWin cart.

3. pilotwangs
    OP

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Thank you.