Hacking Ez Flash 3 in 1 - Internal battery?

ShAdOwFuRi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Upon looking into the Ez Flash 3 in 1 I have heard talk about the 'non-rechargable' internal battery, which, once depleted renders alot of the 3 in 1's functions useless...

Can anyone enlighten me as to the details of this and approximately how long this internal battery lasts?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The average life time of the battery is about 1-2 years. Though if you are good at soldering, you can pick up a new 3 volt battery for like 3-5$ and solder it in.

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ShAdOwFuRi said:
Maybe these new Ez Flash 3 in 1's I've heard about will have improved battery life as well as memory...

The only difference is that they are using 512 MBit NOR, as the old chip they used is not made any more.
The rest is identical.

But to be honest ... I do not really know why the battery is such a big problem.
I have my 3in1 for over a year, and have no problem with it!

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Finding the right battery model is actually not that hard. Additionally, if you have a GBA-sized 3in1 and don't use rumble, you can remove the motor to make room for a larger battery of double lifetime.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If saves aren't kept when you turn the DS off, how do you save? On my M3 Real you save like normal and it transfers when you turn it back on because of its rechargeable battery. How does saving work with the EZFlash 3in1?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
You save and it is kept alive in the SRAM with the battery, and the next time you boot, it is still in the SRAM, and it will continue to be in the SRAM until you erase it or you run out of batteries. There is no need to backup to your slot 1 cart because there is room for the save file on the cart itself, if you happen to want the save file backed up on your slot 1 cart, depending on what method you loaded up the rom in the first place, it should be pretty simple.
Oh ok I get it now. Thanks.

ShAdOwFuRi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
On the topic of the Ez flash 3 in 1, does anyone know exactly when the new version will be released? I'm looking to get one myself, but I don't really want to get one and then realize the new version was to be released 2 days afterwards =[

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
It has been released for a week or so now, some ppl have gotten em already, but not 100% sure if DX has em yet
smile.gif
I've heard that the CycloDS doesn't support the new version of the 3in1. Is that true?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
PharaohsVizier said:
It has been released for a week or so now, some ppl have gotten em already, but not 100% sure if DX has em yet
smile.gif
I've heard that the CycloDS doesn't support the new version of the 3in1. Is that true?
yea it's true i got mine from DX 2 days ago and it only works on gbaxploder
mad.gif

ShAdOwFuRi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ichigosj said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
PharaohsVizier said:
smile.gif
mad.gif

Ah, in that case DX does have the new ones? I wonder if AKAIO has support for the newer 3 in 1...

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I just got a EZ Flash V 3 in 1 and I can drag n drop saves to my micro sd card on my Cyclo DS, and it seems to update everytime I save, so are they truly being saved on the sd card or not?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShAdOwFuRi said:
Ichigosj said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
PharaohsVizier said:
smile.gif
mad.gif

Ah, in that case DX does have the new ones? I wonder if AKAIO has support for the newer 3 in 1...
yea it does but there's been some problems getting to work on the acekard2i

ShAdOwFuRi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the heads up Ichigosj, I think I'll try contact DX to confirm the availability of the new 3 in 1 and hopefully get one myself!

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShAdOwFuRi said:
Thanks for the heads up Ichigosj, I think I'll try contact DX to confirm the availability of the new 3 in 1 and hopefully get one myself!
yea i ordered mine from DX on the 23 the white one and i got it 2 days ago cause i guess they were out of stock since it took them 3 days to get the items so they ended up getting the plus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus