greator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
From the title, Yes, I cant run ANY gba rom using 3 in 1.

I tried load them in PSRAM still doesn't work. Then, load in NOR, still no shows. I'm using R4-YSmenu, Akaio and Gba_ExpLoader. All of them loads fine but then it only shows the Gameboy logo without the Nintendo logo. Signs that the cart is not inserted. But how come? All of the software detects my 3 in 1, the rumble works fine, Expansion Ram works too, but no GBA.

I took them off and inserted it back, the NOR with the game is still there. It doesn't look like a contact problem.

I tried loading the 3 in 1 without the slot 1. It only shows that the DS OPTION cart is inserted. I cant open the NOR using DS firmware.

What should I do?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
More likely you loaded a game into PSRAM mode. You have to switch over to NOR mode and flash a game to use the 3in1 from the DS menu.

In GBA exploader you use L & R buttons to change modes. It is also colored and spelled out for you on the bottom screen.

For R4-YSmenu and Akaio, see the instructions on how to do it.

greator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I did flash into NOR. I said I flash it, took out the cart, put it back and the rom is still in the cart that means I flash it into NOR since PSRAM will delete the rom when the DS is turned off.

The game stuck in the Gameboy screen. And DS Firmware didn't even detect the cart.

greator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
No progress, still stuck at Gameboy screen without the nintendo logo.

Akaio only detect it as slot 2.

DS firmware detect it as a DS Option Pak.

Cory loader detect the game in NOR as "Megaman Zero 4.gba" (its 16MB) Also try other game (WarioWare 8MB, Kingdom Hearts 32MB) but still stuck.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most games you have to patch if they use EEPROM. KH might require SRAM patching before you can play it.

you can use the G-Online to find out the save types for the game if you need patching. here

Check the battery power with a volt meter. If it is below 3V, you got a defective 3in1 probably or one with a dead battery.

Try and get a replacement if you can, if not try the battery replacement link at the bottom of the 3in1 post in my sig.

greator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Isnt it the same as GBATA?
Besides all of my game are using 256kb save.
I've patched the gba, while some of them cant be patch (coz GBATA wont allow it).

Still no luck, I tried other loader from Rudolf, also the same. The game wont go past the Gameboy screen.
Only sometimes that it show a crumbled nintendo logo (and it wont start)

greator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yeah, I've tried it. still the same.

I want to try the other loader which compiles the gba rom into .nds but the link is broken. Can someone reupload that?

or should i return this to DealerExtreme. What should I say to them (they ask for a reason).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr