EZ Flash 3-in-1 GBA boot

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by NightKry, Nov 22, 2007.

1. NightKry
    OP

NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2007
    Canada
    Like, here?
    I use the NDStation to run my GBA roms, and just yesterday, I found out that pressing the "Boot Slot-2" icon on the R4 main menu boots a GBA rom. That time, I was playing Kingdom Hearts with NDStation. I used the "Boot Slot-2" icon to boot it, but the save file is lost. My questions is, obviously the save files are different, but where do you find them? (btw, the NDStatiosn take forever to write the game to my EZ Flash. The "Boot Slot2" is instant.)

2. dodol

dodol GBAtemp Regular

Sep 24, 2007
    United States
    what you mean by slow ? ndstation should load as fast as R4 slot 2 option.
    unless you mess up between PSRAM and NOR.

3. chuckstudios

chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

Jul 19, 2006
    United States
    North Carolina, USA
    I love when people don't read readmes.

If you had used the .nds for Kingdom Hearts again, it would have gone just as fast as the "Boot Slot 2", and you wouldn't have lost your save. The Boot Slot 2 only went faster than NDStation because Kingdom Hearts was already stored on the card (games larger than 16MB must do this).

4. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    It is normal that it takes so long to write a game to the cart. In order to save your game right you need to patch the GBA rom with the EZ4 client software or GBATA. As for backing up your saves I'm not sure since I haven't used NDStation but you probably have to manually back up and restore saves everytime you run a different game.

5. NightKry
    OP

NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2007
    Canada
    Like, here?
    But I don't hold the A button. ??

6. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Maybe offtopic, but why don't you just use Rudolph's Tool? Works like magic for me.