Hacking Ez-Flash 3 in 1 expansion pack: HELP!!

asuri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Heys everyone, im pretty new to the ez flash 3 in 1 expansion pack and i've got some problems. Some i have handled well but one left to go it i don't seem to get it pretty much. I have sent a e-mail to Opium about the problem and he hasn't replied me yet but if guys sure can help me i'd be really happy. My problem is Saving In A GBA game. First of all, i have a R4 with the 3 in 1 expansion pack and i've got the games working but it just doesn't save. Every time i press save it says, Save Error and it doesn't let me save. Please Help

asurix

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
We need a little more information;
1. Which game are you trying to play?
2. Have you tried any different games (i.e. does it fail to save for several games or just this one)

Certain games need to have a patch put on before they work properly on flashcarts, if you're lucky it's just one of those
smile.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Which Pokemon game specifically?
wink.gif

Pokemon games often need to be patched to save properly, you need to find the "IPS patch" for the *exact* Pokemon game you're playing (check it's the right region), then apply it to the rom on your computer using a patching program like SmartIPS or this one. Then put the patched game on the 3-in-1.

Or that's the vague idea anyway. I've never tried to play one myself.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Patch GBA games that use 1024 Kbit (AKA 128KByte, 1 Mbit) saves with the EZ4 Client (check "Add Save Patch, uncheck "Reset"). Patch ALL other GBA games with GBATA (SRAM patch).

GBATA will tell you what the save type is, or you can look it up on G-Online. I believe all of the GBA pokemon games use 1024 Kbit saves.

asuri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sorry, one last question. For the EZ4, do i change the Type to SRAM? and what do i do to the GBATA.. Very confusing Please help .

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the EZ4 Client, just make sure "Add Save Patch" is checked and "Reset" is unchecked. Leave the rest of the attributes alone.

In GBATA, drag and drop a game into the program. If the save type is anything other than SRAM , go into the "SRAM Patcher" tab, change the output (save as) filename if you want, then click the "patch" button. Games that use SRAM saves don't need to be patched. It tells you the save type in the "header viewer" tab. You can apply the clock fix in the "Clock Fix" tab.

I'm going to repeat this because it's important: only patch games that use 1024 Kbit saves in the EZ4 Client. If you patch games with other save types in the EZ4 Client, you may lose saves when running games from PSRAM with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The EZ4 Client causes lost saves when running games from PSRAM with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool. It seems to force the games to switch the SRAM bank, which makes it impossible to manage the saves properly.

If you only run games from NOR, it doesn't matter which program you use to patch the games, it's only a problem when running them from PSRAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-