EZ Flash 3-1 saving GBA games as .gba.sav

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Braedon, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Braedon
    OP

Braedon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    I just got an EZ Flash 3in1 to go with my Acekard 2i, yet whenever I power off then on and reboot a game no save files are present. If I open up my SD card, the gba.sav file is present yet the roms do not register as being there.

Basically, every time I reboot a game my save files go missing. It's the latest Akaio firmware (1.8.1?) and .DS games work fine.

I've attempted to load the following games and all have the same problem:
    Minish Cap
    Donkey Kong Country
    FF - Dawn of Souls (specifically FF1)
    Mario Tennis

2. Masked Ranger

Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 24, 2009
    What problem? When you play your gba game, AKAIO will take your .gba.sav file and load it.

3. Braedon
    OP

Braedon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    Sorry, my bad. I was looking for solutions to work out why my GBA games aren't saving correctly and I misread that gba games are supposed to be saved as .sav instead of .gba.sav when it was the other way around. I edited my post, if you don't mind giving me a hand.

On another note, is there anyway to check if my battery is dead? I only just got it but it might be a dud. An no, I don't have a spare voltmeter lying around.

4. Masked Ranger

Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 24, 2009
    Not to worry. First thing is make sure that your 3in1 setting for "Backup GBA save at startup" is enabled and "NOR mode" is auto.

I refer further info about the 3in1 to how_do_i_do_that. He has several 3in1 links in his signature. I know there is a program when run will produce a specific error message when the battery is dead. I just can't remember which program.

EDIT: AKAIO will show gba games when the 3in1 is inserted, so I don't understand why you can't see the gba games.

5. Braedon
    OP

Braedon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    Thanks a lot, I already had both of those settings on by default so I guess that's not the problem. I'll check how hdidt's links. Thanks.

6. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    take a save and strip the 16byte header, then try that save using a gba PC emulator. use this: http://filetrip.net/f9583-AKAIO-GBA-Save-C...rter-12910.html

many users have reported problems with akaio native flashing and save corruption since 1.5. most problems were with the ez 3in1+ but some were with the 3in1 v2 (3in1new). to double check that your 3in1 is actually making correct saves and storing them using the battery back-up, give gba exploader a try. make sure you use an older version before the 3in1+ code was added (v.56) and then use the new version with the unofficial patch (v.58b0). both files are on filetrip.

-another world

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice