Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was looking around for a newer flash cart, because the EFA keeps messing up on me and I also want to migrate Pokemon. I know the EZ3in1 can migrate but can the EZ4 migrate too? And will either one work with the pokemon hack "Pokemon Shiny Gold"? I would also like to know if there is a way to use the EZ4 as RAM for Opera if I get the EZ4.

Edit: Already got the EZ 3in1. Works great.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you apply cory1492's patches to let you migrate them from the 3in1's NOR flash to Diamond/Pearl? Last time I checked (which was admittedly a long time ago) they were available on the EZ-Flash forums somewhere.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah. I got that patch a while back after I got my 3in1. I think I still have it somewhere on my computer. It even detects Shiny Gold but I haven't tried migrating pokemon. If you want them, I could probably upload the patch.

Gerinych

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TheWingless said:
Oh yeah. I got that patch a while back after I got my 3in1. I think I still have it somewhere on my computer. It even detects Shiny Gold but I haven't tried migrating pokemon. If you want them, I could probably upload the patch.
Go ahead

TheWingless

Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

GuitarShank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I joined just for this.

Here's the thing. I have the 3-in-1 with Pokemon on it. I also have the retail Diamond version in slot 1.

My question is, is there a patch for the GBA rom to migrate? Or does it not need one?

I'm having trouble with this and it's pretty much the reason I got the 3-in-1 (all my games were stolen a while back)

TheWingless

Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
GuitarShank said:
Hey, I joined just for this.

Here's the thing. I have the 3-in-1 with Pokemon on it. I also have the retail Diamond version in slot 1.

My question is, is there a patch for the GBA rom to migrate? Or does it not need one?

I'm having trouble with this and it's pretty much the reason I got the 3-in-1 (all my games were stolen a while back)
I'm pretty sure the problem is that Pokemon Diamond won't detect the game in the Slot 2. I haven't heard of a patch that you would use on the GBA game.
I'm assuming you would have a Slot 1 card too because you have an EZ 3in1. You could just get your old save file from your retail cart (and also rip the game if you don't download NDS Roms) and then Pokepatch it.

I used the 2nd one from the bottom:
http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds/NDS_Backup/

You also need the GBA game written to the NOR.

GuitarShank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I have no idea how to take the save file from my diamond version.

I have the slot 1 cart, and I was thinking the only possibility I had with this was to beat a pokepatched Pearl or Diamond as a ROM (which takes forever), migrate, find a friend with a DS, and then trade.

sleep.gif

And what do you mean by write it to the NOR?

GuitarShank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay, I get it now. But then there's no way to get my game onto the retail cartridge, is there?

Can I still do normal trades and GTS and stuff with a pokepatched game?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by game on to the retail cartridge? Like move the save back? The NDS back up tool can move a save back and forth and also rip the DS game so you can have a ROM backup, if you don't want to download one.

I believe you can still connect to wifi and stuff. I'll test it out now.

Edit: I just connected to Nintendo WFC, but I didn't fight anyone.

GuitarShank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I meant the save
tongue.gif
my bad.

Sounds all cool to me now. Thanks
biggrin.gif

I can try it out, but I have one more question: with the pokepatched save file, it won't corrupt my retail cart, will it?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Btw, you might want to back up all your saves on your EZ3in1 first. If you are using GBA EXP loader than there should be a button to press. It should be SRAM to .sav.

I wouldn't think it would corrupt it, though I don't see much reason to move it back if it works on your Slot 1.

GuitarShank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True.

And I'm just using all the basic EZV stuff. Backing up is just like hitting R and Y or something like that.

Should I use a ROM that hasn't been clock-patched? Should it be clean?

Oh well. I'll just mess around with it for a while and I'll figure it out. It's already on NOR btw, I just didn't know what that was lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt