EZ 3in1 : Working with R4 ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Ben_j, Aug 10, 2007.

Aug 10, 2007

EZ 3in1 : Working with R4 ? by Ben_j at 2:15 PM (1,077 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Ben_j
    OP

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Does the R4 works with the 3in1 EZ cartidge ? How does it work ?

2. mekaone

Newcomer mekaone Advanced Member

United States
    I think it works very good. Its a perfect marriage for the two if you ask me. That is the same setup that I have and it all works very good for me. Hope you have the same luck.

3. Ben_j
    OP

France
    Why luck ? If it works for you it will work for me, right ? How can you transfer GBA games to the EZ ?

4. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
  5. mekaone

Newcomer mekaone Advanced Member

United States
    Sorry. I should have told you to use the EZ Flash V 3in1 tool. Just to let you know, version 1.9 of the tools is out and works very good.

6. BurlyEd

Member BurlyEd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I use GBATA - GBA Tool Advance 0.7a for clock patch (for Pokemon) and for Sleep/Wake patch on all.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=224

Then I use EZ4 Client (2007-05-22) to apply the save patch:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=532

Then I use 3in1 Expansion Pack tool 1.9 (Rudolph) to handle .gba and .sav file operations between R4 and 3in1:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=704

I have only used NOR mode.
    Everything works perfectly except that the clock only runs runs while you are playing.
    If you want to use the .sav file to cheat using VBA, you must use an UN-patched .gba file on VBA, configured for
    Flash 128k saves.

I like it!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Ben_j
    OP

France
    I ordered a 3in1 on GameYeah (saw too late that Dealexstreme sell one at $19, free shipment [​IMG])

Now I just have to wait [​IMG]

8. NanooMan

Newcomer NanooMan Newbie

United States

Ok, I'm definitely a newbie, so try to put up with me. I have the R4 and 3in1 pack on order. They should be here within the week. Anyway, I would like to be able to load everything on the microSD and go, so I've been downloading, trimming, patching, etc. Your post here about the save patch throws me for a loop. [​IMG] Could you or anyone here go into detail? The difference between save types, nor, psram, sram, etc. [​IMG] It all just confuses me, because I don't know any of that for the 35 or so GBA roms I have. What exactly should I do for each to ensure that they play as best they can with the GBA loader and R4? Thanks! Like I said, I'm a newbie, but I'm coming along. I haven't even gotten the R4 yet, but I've read so much, I feel like I could write homebrew (not really). I'll work on that... Skype's first on the list! [​IMG]

NanooMan

9. 2dere

Member 2dere GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Wow that helped. I was wondering how I'd get the GBA games onto the cart. >.< I'm confident that I'll be able to get the rest working so I'll order mine now. I had my GBA and its games stolen a year back and now I can redeem my collection. (And some [​IMG] )