EZ 3in1 Battery Drain

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by rubaducky, Jul 6, 2008.

1. rubaducky
    OP

rubaducky Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey all!

Yes, Don't flame me! [​IMG]
    I figure this topic has been done (in one form or another) before, but I would really like to get a clear answer once and for all, and get some closure on the subject.

All things being equal (DS Lite age, screen brightness, volume setting, memory card size & speed, type of flash card etc.) does the DS Lite battery last less while the EZ 3in1 is just sitting inside slot-2, even though the DS is JUST running DS games?

If so, in minutes/hours, how much less?

Opinions, personal experience, thread links, anything on the subject would be appreciated.

Thank you!!! [​IMG]

2. pepsibluehawk87

pepsibluehawk87 GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2008
    United States
    Everywhere yet nowhere
    No, it doesn't.

3. Sephi

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    There would be no difference if you left the original 'cover' in the slot or nothing. As long as it's not being used there shouldn't be a difference.

4. starfox468

starfox468 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2007
    Canada
    Hiding In Your House
    No, it only drinks battery acid when your using it

5. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    No it doesn't, the battery is always in use.

6. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Any cart that is in either slot will use some power even when it isn't in use (except possibly the slot 1 cart in GBA mode). The slot 2 cart has to be powered so that DS games can access it if they want to (GBA linkage, rumble, browser RAM, etc.). I don't think the 3-in-1 uses much power when you aren't using it (I didn't notice a difference), but I am quite certain that it does use some.

As for exactly how much less battery life you'll get with the 3-in-1 plugged in, I don't think anyone has ever cared enough to time it. I certainly don't.