EZ 3 in 1 w/ M3 troubles...

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by ZeroEO, Jun 13, 2007.

Jun 13, 2007

EZ 3 in 1 w/ M3 troubles... by ZeroEO at 4:08 AM (733 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ZeroEO
    OP

Newcomer ZeroEO Newbie

United States
    Hi, i'm having problems saving GBA games using Rudolph's Triple-pack manager, I go to play, lets say, Doom 2,
    and I save. When I shut off the power and goto play later the save is gone in the game. Is there a FAQ for Rudolph's
    Triple-pack manager? Or any easier tool for GBA games?
    Thanks, I feel lost.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Did you patch the GBA roms? GBA games that use EEPROM or flash saves need to be patched in order to be able to save on the 3-in-1.

You can use the EZ-4 client or GBATA to patch the roms. Games that use 1024 kbit flash saves need to be patched with the EZ-4 client, GBATA won't patch them properly.

3. ZeroEO
    OP

Newcomer ZeroEO Newbie

United States
    How will i know if the saves need 1024 kbit?

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    If you're using GBATA, it will say what the save type is. If you're using the EZ4 client, you don't need to worry about it.

You can also look the game up on the GBAtemp release list. It has the save type for GBA games.

You can get the EZ4 client here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dlcategory=44 (just get the latest client)
    You can get GBATA here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=224

I recommend using the EZ4 client. It can patch multiple roms at once, you don't have to unzip them first, and it works for every save type.