EZ 3-in-1 style card w/ flash slot?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by WildWon, Aug 8, 2008.

Aug 8, 2008
  1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Are there any slot2 carts with Rumble, Ram and a flash slot for micro-sd cards?

I have a 3-in-1, but i'd adore having tons of extra space on the slot2 w/ ram and rumble.

So, any available?

(as well, i would love to get a GBA Micro, and just be able to pull that out and toss it into the micro whenever i feel the need [​IMG]

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    No, there aren't. But there are several slot 2 flashcarts with RAM and a memory card slot, and the best rumble pack for the DS (according to reviews, I don't have one myself) is available from DealExtreme.com for about $4 shipped worldwide.

3. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I was hoping for an All-In-One solution, that apparently doesn't exist lol.

But thanks for the ideas!

4. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Could someone recommend me a good Slot-2 flashcart?
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967
    How about that one? I don't really know too much about Slot-2s so could explain where the microSD goes and how many I would need (ie. 1 for the both slot-2 and slot-1, slot- 1 being PassMe or 2, 1 for each slot)?
    I prefer the games first, (duh), the rumble next, and the browser last. So if anyone could recommend another better one.

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The one you linked to (EZFlash 3-in-1) is a GBA expansion cart, and is probably the most recommended one. GBA expansion carts typically don't have thier own microSD card, but rather work in conjunction with a slot 1 flash cart. The GBA expansion cart typically has enough internal memory for 1 game. The games are stored on the slot 1 cart and then sent to the GBA expansion cart to play them.

Some slot 1 carts have direct support for various GBA expansion carts (the EZFlash 3-in-1 and the eWin 2-in-1 being the most commonly supported I believe), allowing you to click on a .gba ROM and run it directly from the menu. Others flash carts require that you run a loader program such as GBA ExpLoader in order to load the GBA file to the slot 2 expansion cart.

The EZFlash 3-in-1 plays GBA games, has a rumble built-in, and works as memory for the browser. The eWin 2-in-1 plays GBA games and works as memory for the browser but doesn't have a rumble built-in (but as another poster mentioned you can buy the rumble in a separate cart for around $4). The eWin rumble happens to be better than the EZFlash one, but honestly rumble sounds far better than it is in reality. Rumble eats up the battery, isn't particularly "rumbly", and is supported by very few games.

There are some slot 2 flash carts that play both NDS and GBA games, but most people prefer slot 1 carts because slot 2 carts require a PassMe in slot 1 to play NDS games (the PassMe essentially tricks the NDS into thinking that slot 2 is slot 1 to load NDS games).

-Bri

6. IOwnAndPwnU

Canada
    So your saying that the link in previous post is good? I don't actually care about the rumble. I just want the most compatibility with GBA roms and is it possible for cheats on GBA games?

7. IOwnAndPwnU

Canada
    Cheats are just a bonus if they are free. I have AK2 so yeah.

8. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The one you linked to (EZFlash 3-in-1) is probably the best solution for use with the AK2. The eWin 2-in-1 is also a good solution (it has some advantages and disadvantages compared to the EZFlash 3-in-1) but it's nearly impossible to find.

If you use the official firmware, you'll need GBA ExpLoader. If you use AIO, you can run the GBA games directly from the menu.

-Bri