Hacking EZ 3-in-1 Save Compatibility

Alastair

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've recently decided to switch from my SuperCard MiniSD to an EZ 3-in-1 and was wondering if my save games will work or be able to be modified to work. I only have about 10 games that I want to resume so if worse comes to worst I could just finish them on my SCmSD or restart them on the EZ 3-in-1.
I have these three files pertaining to each game: .gba, .sav and .sci. My main concern is the fact that the games need to be patched differently to run on eaither cartridge.
Thanks in advance for any help.
smile.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like those are raw saves. They will need to be padded to 128KB to use them with the 3-in-1 Expansion Pack Tool, but that's fairly easy. I wrote a windows batch script that does it automatically, but I need to update it to support the 4kbit (512 byte) saves. I'll post a link here when I get it done.

If you're using an EZ-V to flash games to the 3-in-1, I think those save files will just work. I'm not sure about that though.

Alastair

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woah! Great little tool you've created!
I tested it and the save comes out at 128KB.
I cannot test to see if it works until the 3-in-1 arrives but I imagine that it will.
I did this in Vista by the way - the .bat files do work.
smile.gif

Thanks again! You've saved me one hundred hours or so by allowing me to play from my old save games!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Monitor supports HDR, which means I can finally try out the RTX HDR mod. Pretty neat +1