Hacking EZ 3-in-1 question maybe silly....

weiff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I have used the 3-in-1 for a while, love it. However, I've gone through the games I wanted to play on it for GBA. Is there a way to blank out the last game on the card? Empty, like the way it arrived? I know it isn't a big deal to have a game on there that I'm not playing, but it helps me keep track of all the stuff I'm playing if I go to load the 2nd slot and get a "no cart" message... just saves a power cycle. Thanks.

weiff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good thought, but I keep it in there for on the fly browsing with Opera. So it is easier to leave it in all the time.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think that it will need less power with a "no cart" message if the cartridge is still in the slot.

At least that's the way with slot 1: When you have a DS-X and insert it after booting up the DS (and get the no card message) it still activates the LEDs of the DS_X which means that wheter it's recognized or not, if there's a physical connection it needs the electritcty

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not power, power cycle. On and Off, or Off and On. To check what game is inside. If no game is inside, you needn't check. hence less power cycles.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have to be more specific with the hardware do you have. Do you have the 3in1 with EZV slot-1? Or do you have another slot-1 like the R4?

If I honestly knew how to use this step-by-step I wouldn't be asking you this.

EDIT: I suspect that you're talking about one of two things. It is most likely you're talking about a game being in the NOR Flash Memory, and you would like to erase it. Otherwise, it's the save info from the SRAM (that gets written when you use a tool to tell it to write to slot-1 / command it to via software).

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
not power, power cycle. On and Off, or Off and On. To check what game is inside. If no game is inside, you needn't check. hence less power cycles.

If you would be right then please explain me why the DS-X' LEDs are blue when you insert the DS-X, even if there was no game inserted when starting the DS or even playing in GBA mode?

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I told you, it's not about the power consumption, but the annoyance of powering it on and off.
the leds are probably on because they are wired directly to the power pins. or the controller for them is. or whatever. sure, everything that's plugged in consumes power. but that's not what we're talking about here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1