Hacking EZ 3-in-1 Extension questions

b2cool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I might buy a ds lite this black friday and im thinking of buying the EZ 3-in-1 Extension, but i have some questions

1.) Does the gba roms run off it?

2.) Does it use SDHC?

3.) what is the "plus" version?

4.) would it be wise to get ez flash card too?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
1. Yes

2. No, just 64MB of internal flash! No microSD at all!

3. Don't know.

4. No, there's better Slot 1 cards out there that are compatible with it -- ex. AK2i

Edit: I'm waiting for this to show up in the mail, so I'm not trying to dissuade you. This is the perfect solution for GBA games IMO.

b2cool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
2. No, just 64MB of internal flash! No microSD at all!

So does it grab the GBA rom from the flashcart and sends it to the Ez 3 in 1 Extension?

QUOTE(Snailface @ Nov 20 2010, 11:41 PM) Edit: I'm waiting for this to show up in the mail, so I'm not trying to dissuade you. This is the perfect solution for GBA games IMO.

That's awesome to hear.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
according to my contact at team ez flash there never was a "+" version, officially. the 3in1 was expanded to 64MB or NOR due to the older type no longer being manufactured. this was the 3rd revision of the ez flash 3in1. the developer of gba exploader, rudolph, named this 3rd revision the plus. there are no longer any 3in1 kits being manufactured. ez flash stopped making the 3rd revision (ie: the plus) over 2 years ago.

its the same card as the previous two except for more NOR area. only an experimental multi-boot loader coded by ez flash for their slot-1 kits could make use of anything more than 32 MB at one time. from what i remember this loader was removed from the firmware with the promise of a debugged version to be added at a later date.

the 3in1+ has a few issues with various native flashing tools. gba exploader has been updated for the new card and as long as your slot-1 can properly dldi patchs it you will be able to use this homebrew to flash roms to your 3in1.

hope this information helps.
-another world

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
3) The plus model is the newest hardware version (v3), it has larger NOR RAM and, having tested a v1 and a v3 side-by-side, the v3 is considerably faster as well for PSRAM loading. However, the Wood R4 firmware (as well as potentially others) doesn't support the v3.

FYI, the 3in1 works with the Acekard 2.1 and the v1 works with R4's either with Wood firmware or the original kernel. I have a Wood R4 patch that enables v2/v3 3in1's on Wood R4. It will NOT work with any M3 carts (besides the Simply, if you run Wood on it...). Besides that I haven't personally tested any other carts.

Edit: Basically what Another World said

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol