Ez 3 in 1 expansion rumble compatibilty

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by ryan90, Jun 26, 2010.

Jun 26, 2010
  1. ryan90
    OP

Member ryan90 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I get that you can run any ds game that requires rumble by enabling it through the 3 in 1 menu, i wanted to play Drill Dozer which is a gba game that supports rumble but i can't get it to work. Do i need some kind of patch or a different program?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    When your in GBA mode on a 3in1, you don't have access to the DS rumble function.

3. ryan90
    OP

United Kingdom
    any programmers out there wanna try this?, the rumble could work for gba mode aswell, its just a matter of finding the instruction from the gba game and sending the signal to the rumble not that i have a clue how to do that.....[​IMG]

4. N4RU70 FR34K

Banned N4RU70 FR34K Banned

United States
    I wanted to do that to about 3 months ago but I guess we're both out of luck with the ez flash [​IMG]

5. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    The only way your going to fiddle with the functions is if you can reprogram the MAX II controller chip. I am pretty sure they are using a write once version of the chip to stop people from doing just that.

6. ryan90
    OP

United Kingdom
    whats the max II controller chip, i thought it would just be possible to patch the rom into using the expansion rumble, ds homebrew can do it as-well as any ds game.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    The chip that lets you change modes with the software code, the large chip on the right.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. ryan90
    OP

United Kingdom
    very interesting stuff, you sure seam to know everything about gba

9. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    There was no standard to GBA games, that also applied to GBA flashcarts. Because everyone did it thier own way, you pretty much needed to know alot more than how to use a flashcart. This is even more the rule of things for other systems.

DS flashcarts are where even a 10 year old only really needs to know how to use a flashcart and not need to know how the mechanics of how it worked.