EZ 3 in 1 Expansion Pack ROM removal

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Seaking, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Seaking
    OP

Seaking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 26, 2010
    United States
    well, im gonna be selling my 3 in 1 but the only thing is, it already has a back up of one of my games on it and i wanna ship it blank, is there a tool i can use to remove the rom but still have it able to be used as an expansion pack?

last time i tried removing a ROM from the 3 in 1 it wasn't recognizable to the DS Browser.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Can you not burn some homebew to it?

Failing that I have not done it for the 3 in 1 (I did it for the EZ4 though years back before it gained the ability to format the NOR memory onboard) was to make a 32 megabyte file of 00's, give it a GBA header so it played nice with programs (between GBATA, Flash advance toolkit/FAT and some of the homebrew stuff like DSbuild (technically not a proper header but should get the job done) you should get something there) and write that to the NOR. I am not sure if any of the 3 in 1 programs trim games so you might also want to change the last couple of bytes to something other than 00.
    I did have an upload somewhere on the EZFlash wiki but I lost the link ages ago.

3. Seaking
    OP

Nov 26, 2010
    United States
    seems like im gonna be looking around the EZFlash Wiki for some time haha.
    but that does seem like a good idea, thanks.

4. indask8

indask8 New Member Forever

Apr 19, 2007
    France
    Look at the Flag...
    You are concerned by the legality of shipping it with a commercial rom right?

Just reflash it with a GBA homebrew (I'm sure there are some very simple hello world rom around here)..

5. Seaking
    OP

Nov 26, 2010
    United States
    after 10 pages in the "GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacking and Translations" subforum i find a few linked homebrew games, flashed a 4KB one and checked with the DS Browser, all worked well.

that should do it for this thread.

also, it was a link from you FAST6191 [​IMG] from back in 2009.

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
  7. Seaking
    OP

Nov 26, 2010
    United States