OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a slight problem.
I have an R4 and an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 (I use Rudolph's 3-in-1 tool).
I also have a legit GBA cartridge (Golden Sun 2).
I would like to backup my save from the cartridge and use it with a GS2 ROM on my 3-in-1.
Is there any way do do this?
Thanks.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, you can't get the save from the GS2 cart with the hardware you mentioned.

There is a program called cart_save that can read and write saves from GBA carts, but it requires a slot 2 flashcart with DLDI support, which the 3-in-1 doesn't have. You can use Eepinator to get SRAM saves from GBA games, but the GS games use Flash saves, not SRAM. There are a few other programs for the PC that use the link cables from old GBA flashcarts to transfer saves, but the DS doesn't have a link port.

anark-e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was indeed a topic about this. I started it, and you can find it here.

The problem is, the method I ended up using should only work for games that use SRAM to save. I'm not familiar with GS2 and I don't know if it uses SRAM or not. In the end, Destructobot was a huge help to me, the man knows what he's talking about. Listen to him.
lecture.gif

dark42

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks for all your help anyway.
I can borrow a friend's GBA Movie Player SD, but AFAIK that doesn't have DLDI write support so that probably won't help .
hate2.gif

Still, it is nice knowing that I can do this for my SRAM games, so thanks Destructobot and anark-e!

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks for all your help anyway.
I can borrow a friend's GBA Movie Player SD, but AFAIK that doesn't have DLDI write support so that probably won't help .Â
hate2.gif

Still, it is nice knowing that I can do this for my SRAM games, so thanks Destructobot and anark-e!
If he has a GBAMP CF version like me you can download chishm's MP-SAVE program that backs up any GBA save. I have used it with all 30 of my official GBA carts and not a single problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up