EZ 3-in-1 and GBA saves

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dark42, Dec 5, 2007.

Dec 5, 2007

EZ 3-in-1 and GBA saves by dark42 at 8:51 AM (1,071 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dark42
    OP

Member dark42 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello, I have a slight problem.
    I have an R4 and an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 (I use Rudolph's 3-in-1 tool).
    I also have a legit GBA cartridge (Golden Sun 2).
    I would like to backup my save from the cartridge and use it with a GS2 ROM on my 3-in-1.
    Is there any way do do this?
    Thanks.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    As far as I know, you can't get the save from the GS2 cart with the hardware you mentioned.

There is a program called cart_save that can read and write saves from GBA carts, but it requires a slot 2 flashcart with DLDI support, which the 3-in-1 doesn't have. You can use Eepinator to get SRAM saves from GBA games, but the GS games use Flash saves, not SRAM. There are a few other programs for the PC that use the link cables from old GBA flashcarts to transfer saves, but the DS doesn't have a link port.

3. MacGnG

Member MacGnG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i thought there was another thread about this. cant remember the name of the program

4. anark-e

Newcomer anark-e Member

United States
    There was indeed a topic about this. I started it, and you can find it here.

The problem is, the method I ended up using should only work for games that use SRAM to save. I'm not familiar with GS2 and I don't know if it uses SRAM or not. In the end, Destructobot was a huge help to me, the man knows what he's talking about. Listen to him. [​IMG]

5. dark42
    OP

Member dark42 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, thanks for all your help anyway.
    I can borrow a friend's GBA Movie Player SD, but AFAIK that doesn't have DLDI write support so that probably won't help . [​IMG]

Still, it is nice knowing that I can do this for my SRAM games, so thanks Destructobot and anark-e!

6. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    If he has a GBAMP CF version like me you can download chishm's MP-SAVE program that backs up any GBA save. I have used it with all 30 of my official GBA carts and not a single problem.