Homebrew Extremly slow LAN transfer speed (for Boop/FTP)

placebo_yue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I changed ISP a while ago, a month or two (and the problem's been there since, but i just got the time to tackle it).
Both my 3DS (why im here particularly) and my phone got terrible terrible transfer speeds for LAN, rendering boop and FTP completely useless.
On my phone it takes minutes to transfer a 6Mb file. That slow.

Do you guys know of any way to speed that up? i tried a few solutions from google without results. I'm all out of ideas. This makes it way harder to install new games to my 3DS

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sounds like it's a problem with your Wifi access point and router, you could try using a different router or using your phone as a hotspot to connect the 3DS to.

Reactions: fmkid

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I changed ISP a while ago, a month or two (and the problem's been there since, but i just got the time to tackle it).
Both my 3DS (why im here particularly) and my phone got terrible terrible transfer speeds for LAN, rendering boop and FTP completely useless.
On my phone it takes minutes to transfer a 6Mb file. That slow.

Do you guys know of any way to speed that up? i tried a few solutions from google without results. I'm all out of ideas. This makes it way harder to install new games to my 3DS
As @IC_ suggested, problem is not with your (ISP) internet connection but (apparently) with the router/modem/AP local WiFi device (aka gateway device).

You can use another device and create a LAN temporaly. And if you have access to gateway device that connects to the internet, try to change some parameters as bandwidth, channel, radio strenght level, encryption key/password and DHCP local IP assignment. Also, try to use your console and your PC/phone close to the gateway device.

Last edited by fmkid,

placebo_yue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
try to change some parameters as bandwidth, channel, power strenght level, encryption key/password and DHCP local IP assignment

okay i will do that. Any suggestions or links to find some? because typing random numbers will probably make things worse and i don't know what im doing here.
Also with the previous ISP (and it's modem/router/gateway device) i did exactly what im doing now but i was able to transfer big files (200mb or so) without much issue. So i don't think the distance is a factor here. At least i'd rule that one out

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
okay i will do that. Any suggestions or links to find some? because typing random numbers will probably make things worse and i don't know what im doing here.
Also with the previous ISP (and it's modem/router/gateway device) i did exactly what im doing now but i was able to transfer big files (200mb or so) without much issue. So i don't think the distance is a factor here. At least i'd rule that one out
The distance could still be a factor if the new router device has worse wireless transmitters and antennas.

Reactions: placebo_yue

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, that depends of the gateway device brand and if your ISP let you some user and password to enter and manage the device setting by yourself (but I don't think so, anyway).

Better, you could call to your ISP and make a complain about the bad performance of your WiFi LAN connection associated to the gateway device. Then they should check and adjust that parameters for you or just change the device for another more reliable

placebo_yue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, that depends of the gateway device brand and if your ISP let you some user and password to enter and manage the device setting by yourself (but I don't think so, anyway).

Better, you could call to your ISP and make a complain about the bad performance of your WiFi LAN connection associated to the gateway device. Then they should check and adjust that parameters for you or just change the device for another more reliable
I had to find the admin password online by myself googling and i tried changing channels and such, but nothing changed regarding the issue. I guess i'll have to call ISP and ask them to fix or tell me how to fix this. But it's christmas eve.. i guess i'll have to wait a few days. You're lucky if you get a decent response on a regular day with these people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte