(extreme) Noob question. Can i transfer files wirelessly without bricking?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by guedesbrawl, Jul 8, 2017.

1. guedesbrawl
    OP

guedesbrawl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    I just bought a PS3 (modded, or whatever the term is in english) and don't understand anything about the dos and don'ts. I bought online because it was cheaper, so yeah. Past owner won't help much.

From the little i saw here, transferring files wirelessly requires an internet connection... will that brick my console? I currently do not have any other option, before you suggest a USB or and external HD instead. I will try those options only if this one is not possible.

If you need to know any information, please tell me where to find it. I literally know nothing about it. The only reason I'm here asking for help is because the game I was promised the PS3 would come with is in japanese... guess the owner didn't care about the story or knowing what to do without trial and error.

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    It won't brick, but it will take a very long time

Plus disable auto sleep on the PS3. A 50gb odd game is going to take a day or 2

Last edited by yusuo, Jul 8, 2017
  3. tedmg091309131

tedmg091309131 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
  4. guedesbrawl
    OP

guedesbrawl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    I tried this, and it actually worked until near the end. I must shamefully admit to not have disabled the auto sleep because i could simply keep pressing the d-pad at random while watching TV, but an emergency had me forget all about it and leave it unchecked just enough for it to turn off and i lost all my progress.

I though "fine, i'll just try again", but it fails the transfer after 1 second.

Last edited by guedesbrawl, Jul 9, 2017