1. Sono

OP Sono cripple piss
    Developer

Hungary
    Since like 2-3days I've been getting extremely bad performance on the site. Just scrolling makes my browser only get 3FPS max while my laptop is about to take off my desk, like a jet engine.

Has Xenforo been updated or something? Or did someone install an onscroll handler? With this issue my experience is almost as bad as with youtube now :/

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi: *pout* :f

Antarctica
    What browser are you using? I am using Firefox on Linux and not having any issues with this site. I am also using Firefox on iOS and not having issues there either.

3. Sono

OP Sono cripple piss
    Developer

Hungary
    Firefox on Windows. Weirdly enough it doesn't lag on Android.

Edit: the weird thing is that it didn't lag a few days earlier. It only started to lag a few days ago, and it lags real bad.

Edit 2: I have isolated it to the menubar. Disabling Javascript gets rid of the lag.

Last edited by Sono, May 8, 2021
    Lilith Valentine likes this.
  4. Nikokaro

Nikokaro Don't hate me...cuddle me!!!

Italy
    Sorry to butt in; I hope I'm not being inappropriate.:)
    I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I too have noticed an oddity.

I have noticed a certain slowdown in loading the pages of the site on Chrome, Android version.
    In addition, sometimes appears a gray strip, with a white square at the beginning, between the web address and the title GBATEMP, without any writing or symbol, which never happened before.:blink:

Sono likes this.
  5. Sono

OP Sono cripple piss
    Developer

Hungary
    I swear I didn't make this up. It seems like the lag is gone???

Yeah, it was definitely taking longer to load both in Firefox for Windows and Firefox for Android.
    It's still loading slower than usual on Android, and I do see a gray flash - which is also new to me - when loading on Windows, but it seems like the scroll lag is gone (for now?) at least.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Extreme, browser, since