Extreme annoying Problems

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by crazy, Oct 1, 2006.

Oct 1, 2006

Extreme annoying Problems by crazy at 5:03 PM (1,129 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. crazy
    OP

Newcomer crazy Newbie

My G6L is having problems properly running homebrew and gba games, which has only happened recently.

I have figured out that it has something to do with the case because, it works flawlessly in the ds phat case, and will work for awhile when I place it back into the black case. It's acting really strange. Instead of not working at all, it'll work for awhile, then crash, mutating whatever sound is going through the speaker, into some sort of horrible, laughing in my face, screeching sound. It's really annoying. I'm not sure whether i should keep messing with the cases, I think that might ruin the card. Could anyone please help me out?

A few other things -
    Also, it feels like I've stripped the case. The screw just falls into it, and It's hell getting it out. But then sometimes i can feel it getting tighter.

Sometimes the GBA games will freeze, and the next time I try and play gba or homebrew, it won't work (white screens).
    using
    -passcard 3
    -g6 L in black ds lite case
    -Onyx ds lite
    -Loader 4.6A

2. kaede2k1

Newcomer kaede2k1 Member

Australia
    the following method seems to fix most problems...

1. backup your save games
    2. format your G6 with FAT 16 (not fat 32)
    3. run the maintenance utility (leave all the settings at default and just click OK) -- itll take about 5-10 mins
    4. use the U-Disk manager to re-write all your games back on the card
    5. copy your save games back

3. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i dont think he was looking for a generic answer. i believe the problem is that a scrap of the screw is stuck in the lite case (explaining stripped and hard to get out and only in that case theres problems). clean it out with dry paper towel, and try again. if all else fails, you can get replacemnt lite ases from kick trading i believe.

4. junfeng85

Newcomer junfeng85 Member

Singapore
    sound exactly like my supercard mini sd last time where the connection between the mini sd and its slots is not good.

5. kaede2k1

Newcomer kaede2k1 Member

Australia
    hmm... then have you tried playing games with the G6 naked -- without a case on?