ROM Hack Extracting the 3DS system music files

Pokemixer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to this website but I had a question that may have been asked but I don't know how to ask it but here goes. The 3DS has some music that I want to re arrange such as the Mii Maker song and the Nintendo Network ID Settings music so my question is there anyway I can rip the actual music file off the 3DS and convert it to midi; If so how do i go by doing this?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
You should already have the midi files and soundfont files.
They don't come out right though. When I tried it the eshop theme is probably the most "correct" one, even then it's noticeably different.

Last edited by Duo8,
Reactions: MilesTheCreator

Pokemixer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay, when i first downloaded the caesar file there was no exe file for it :( and then as far as getting the [NNID music file] for example how do I get it? Do i need a hacked 3DS or do i go somewhere to get that Nintendo Network ID music file? Oh man im confused :/

MilesTheCreator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the delay, when i first downloaded the caesar file there was no exe file for it :( and then as far as getting the [NNID music file] for example how do I get it? Do i need a hacked 3DS or do i go somewhere to get that Nintendo Network ID music file? Oh man im confused :/
You need a hacked 3DS to acquire NNID music file.

Also, which caesar version did you download? Because the latest one isn't compiled in exe.

I'll just put out the steps.. assuming you got a hacked 3DS already.

1. Power on the device and hold START to get to GodMode9
2. Go to CTRNAND
3. Press R+A and select "Search for titles"
4. After it's done searching, look for Nintendo Network ID Settings
5. Press A, go to "TMD file options" then go to "mount cxi/nds to drive"
6. Press A again to confirm
7. Go to romfs folder then sound folder
8. Press A at Cave_Account.bcsar
8. Select "copy to gm9/out"
9. Using your preferred method for transferring file, you should find that file in your sd card from gm9 folder.

Assuming you also got caesar..

10. Grab the bcsar file and drop it on the exe file.
11. The file should be extracted automatically, have fun with it.

Last edited by MilesTheCreator,

Chubby_Bub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience with caesar, the midis come out fine but the soundfonts don't always. So I had to use 3DSUSoundArchiveTool, which is a bit more tedious, but doable. It extracts all the samples and a .txt, for which you use sf2comp. You might have to convert the WARCs to wav format.

MilesTheCreator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my experience with caesar, the midis come out fine but the soundfonts don't always. So I had to use 3DSUSoundArchiveTool, which is a bit more tedious, but doable. It extracts all the samples and a .txt, for which you use sf2comp. You might have to convert the WARCs to wav format.
May I ask what's wrong with the soundfonts? I did rip a bunch of games using caesar and they sound fine to me.

Chubby_Bub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask what's wrong with the soundfonts? I did rip a bunch of games using caesar and they sound fine to me.
I think it was only one of them— Kapp'n from ACNL. The guitar sounded fine but the vocals made no sound. Also, I tried a few other games like Happy Home Designer and caesar encountered some kind of error, but I could open it in Citric Composer. The problem is Citric Composer can't play them or convert to midi/sf2.

Reactions: MilesTheCreator

Iplip72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this with animal crossing new leaf, and it got most of the songs, but I couldn't find the town hall music after over an hour of searching through the folders. Did I miss it, or did I do it wrong? I can upload the folder if that helps

Chubby_Bub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this with animal crossing new leaf, and it got most of the songs, but I couldn't find the town hall music after over an hour of searching through the folders. Did I miss it, or did I do it wrong? I can upload the folder if that helps

The town hall music is streamed and not inside GardenSound.bcsar, it's called STRM_BGM_IND_OFFICE.bcstm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Date sticks