Hacking Extracting texts from a PS4 pkg and inject em in its PS3 version?

Mrfroggyman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

So I only have a PS3, but I really wanted to play a game that was localized in the west only for the PS4, but is only available in JPN for its PS3 version. Do you think there's a way I could extract the texts and menus from the PS4 version and somehow inject them in the PS3 files? I assume there's a lot of reasons this is actually impossible but I'd blame myself for not even trying...

IwearHelmet4Bed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

So I only have a PS3, but I really wanted to play a game that was localized in the west only for the PS4, but is only available in JPN for its PS3 version. Do you think there's a way I could extract the texts and menus from the PS4 version and somehow inject them in the PS3 files? I assume there's a lot of reasons this is actually impossible but I'd blame myself for not even trying...
Could you not make a JPN account, log in with that and buy it digitally?

Mrfroggyman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could you not make a JPN account, log in with that and buy it digitally?
Getting the game aint what's bothersome, but the PS3 version is only 100% JPN and I can't read a single word of japanese, so I was hoping I could somehow translate the PS3 version using the text files from the PS4 version. :unsure:

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's definitely possible, it mostly depends on how much sweat you are willing to pour.

It could be trivial or it could be a 15 years ordeal like SNES' "Tengai Makyou Zero" unofficial translation...

P.S. what game?

Mrfroggyman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's definitely possible, it mostly depends on how much sweat you are willing to pour.

It could be trivial or it could be a 15 years ordeal like SNES' "Tengai Makyou Zero" unofficial translation...

P.S. what game?

It's Star Ocean 5. Well I have pretty much 0 technical knowledge about that kind of stuff, so the question kinda comes down to "is there an already existing tool" for either extracting texts form PS4 games and one for injecting texts in PS3 games (and I guess it would also need to be converted from PS4 format to PS3 format)

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You could probably find some general tools to decompress assets but usually they are tailor made (read: reverse enginered) for specific titles.

You can try asking on https://www.romhacking.net/ or a couple of game modding forums that I forgot the name, but IMHO the chances to find such tool are really small.

Mrfroggyman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
English translation already ported from ps4 to ps3. I don't know if it's against the rules to share it here. It's just one file: FAI_main_ps3_LgJPN.cpk
Wow dude that's really cool! I searched for it before making this thread and didn't find anything, how (not where) did you find it? Thanks a bunch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr