Extracting saves from .bin?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MikeH, Jun 19, 2009.

Jun 19, 2009

Extracting saves from .bin? by MikeH at 10:38 PM (563 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. MikeH

Newcomer MikeH Newbie

Jun 19, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Hello everyone,
    My wii broke a while back and I finally got it back from Nintendo today. However, it is not the same wii, furthermore none of my game saves have been transferred either (That’s what I get for paying for repairs?). I Foolishly never backed up any saves before my wii overheated... I do have a backup of my previous Wii's nand.bin but I figured it can not be used on the new wii.

So I was wondering if it is possible to extract the game saves from the backup nand (on my PC) so I can transfer them onto an SD card, then to my wii?

I'm guessing the nand.bin would need to be decrypted first although I cant find a program to do this. Even if it is possible would the saves work? I've heard saves have keys specific for each console (or is that just for channels/ VC games?).

Thanks for your time.
  2. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

May 8, 2008
    If you have your previous wii's nand's keys you can use zestig (one of segher's tools) under linux and decrypt the contents of your nand... then you can access your saves in raw form, I guess you can use waninkoko's save manager on them first copying them to your sd card.

As far as I remember you only need the nand aes key, zestig reads it from nand-key file (it should be a 16 byte file)