Hacking Extracting savegames from Animal Crossing New Leaf

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi folks,

One of my kids has been running both a .3ds and a .3dz of ACNL. He asked me if I could 'extract' his savegame from the .3ds to 'import' it into his .3dz so that he could play/meet friends online.

He had played a lot on the .3ds and has not many items and stuff on his .3dz.

Not sure this is possible but if it is, I'd appreciate a little help.

BTW: both versions are EU versions I believe.

Many thanks,

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Been reading other posts... with similar questions and apparently net (yet) possible. So I guess he'll have to play from scratch again. Unless you have a different answer I will consider this closed.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been reading other posts... with similar questions and apparently net (yet) possible. So I guess he'll have to play from scratch again. Unless you have a different answer I will consider this closed.

I believe for saves you can just transfer them fairly easily. Importing saves from SaveDataFiler though seems to be the issue (ie going from .cia to .3ds or back). I believe the process is basically
  • Get a .3ds save going
  • Get a .3dz save going
  • Figure out which save goes where
  • Swap the saves
EDIT: Seems not, I guess it uses part of the header to encrypt them. And it seems SaveDataFiler might not even be able to access the save either.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, really, this shouldn't be a problem. Just yesterday I used SDF to extract a AC:NL save from the .3ds rom and injected it into the .3dz rom and it worked no questions asked.

You just can't do it with a .cia install.

Reactions: ByteBite

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My son has SaveDataFiler.cia on his console but I could not locate a relevant save file for AC-NL. I thought SDF could only 'manage' saved files stored on the internal SD Card. Any guide on how to use it to 'extract' the savegame from the .3ds and replace it onto the .3dz ?

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if you "load" the game from the gateway multi-rom menu (so it shows up on the home menu as in the card slot) without launching it, it will show up in SaveDataFiler as CTR-CARD at the top of the list. (This only works with Card2 save game type ROMs). When you want to inject the save from the SD menu, you need to use the L+A combination to inject it to CTR-CARD in the same manner.

Reactions: keyra

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, I remember seeing this CTR-Card and not knowing what it was. I'm not sure I had installed SDF as cia though. i'll have to check this when I get back home. Could a CTR-Card appear even though it has not been selected from the multi-rom menu ?

Side question: Some data I get with SDF do not bring any result in http://3ds.essh.co/ or bring many game name. is this normal ?

Thanks again for the tips, my kid will be happy if I can recover his saved game.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think the CTR-CARD will show up whether it's a valid game or not, it almost certainly would've shown up if you were running SDF as a 3ds rom. Also some of the listings will be for some system software or possibly e-shop titles you own that have never been dumped (and thus not on the master list you linked).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta buy store brand hoes too