Extracting Pokemon Ranch Save

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by josh41091, Jun 16, 2008.

Jun 16, 2008

Extracting Pokemon Ranch Save by josh41091 at 1:08 PM (2,234 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. josh41091
    OP

Newcomer josh41091 Member

United Kingdom
    Hey there,

I was wondering if there is anyway to extract my Pokemon Ranch US save because I have put a load of good pokemon on there and want a backup of my save just in case. I looked at Waninkoko's save extractor but you need to put a dvd in to extract the save, obviously not possible with a wiiware title. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Is the Pokemon Ranch save protected? Well, if all else fails, you could just trade them back onto your DS and back up the DS save. Though you'll need a flashcard to do that.

3. josh41091
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeh its save protected. And tru, I could just transfer them back, but this is for just "incases" such as the Wii motherboard fries or I need to send back to Nintendo for a fix and they factory reset for some reason. Plus I dont have a flash cart, im using the original [​IMG]

4. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    Try the Wii FileSystem Dumper (look at the Homebrew Channel Apps thread), then find out which game is Pokémon Ranch from the ID, then there you go, backed it up! Just copy the folder to a save location.

And, if you / when you want to restore the save, use Save Installer (again, HBC Apps thread).

I believe it will work! [​IMG]

Will try it later when I got time! [​IMG]

5. josh41091
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ah great thanks, I was thinking of trying that as I hav already dumped my FS, so another dump would be in order [​IMG] Kinda annoying because everytime I would want to backup my save I would hav to do a full dump of the FS, but it works none the less.

Thanks SkH

6. infinete

Member infinete The Temp's cynic.

United Kingdom
    i too wish to back up my save, i have made the dump, but am not sure as to what i am supposed to do next.......any help?