Hacking extracting oot 3d roms & oot n64 roms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochtendjas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pong20302000 said:
lol some people just don't get it
love it how he's trying not to seem like he's pirating

really n64 emulator on sonys phone.
strange how it was banned and removed before your phone is out
guess your full of bull lol and downloaded a illegal apk

planning to mod a 3ds game which if you read a 3ds agreement its not allowed to modify the game data

let's report him to Nintendo guys
ok, maybe i was wrong, and it was illegal. i didnt know that! i was just searching for help. and now i know its not possible. allright. but now i just get some kind of asshole thats goin to report to nintendo. well, if you mind, please get a life. reporting shit to nintendo is so idiotic. its like having fun bullying people that are just searching for help.

XAlexBlitz209X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well there was a n64 rom that had some partial graphics to wind waker,it did look better.Though I haven't tried it you're better of searching for it
unsure.gif

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This topic is so troll.

Basically the author wants to make fun of OoT3D and point the fact that he can play OoT in Android via emulation with a proper Joypad via Xperia Play.

Anyway, someone could make a textura pack using photoshoped OoT3D screenshots lol

D

Deleted-236924

Schlupi said:
Just so you know, the rom on the GC OoT is NOT the same exact thing as the N64 rom.

it was touched up a bit, and modified to run on the GC smoother, clearer, and smexier. Also, it has a slightly better framerate due to the emulator taking advantage of the GC's hardware.
I doubt they'd waste their time editing an old 64 game to "make it run better on the GC"
It's simply an emulator.
The only differences I've seen so far are the A and B buttons being Green and Red respectively, while they were Blue and Green in the 64 version.
Plus, every instance of the Z button being mentionned has been replaced by L.

K

Kurisuellegarden

It's not even a matter of textures anymore! They redid lots of the character models because it's now handled in pixels rather than triangle blocks! So, it's impossible no matter what you weirdo! o_o

It's like asking how do you extra the textures off of Twilight Princess and put them into Ocarina of Time. That makes no sense.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Schlupi said:
Just so you know, the rom on the GC OoT is NOT the same exact thing as the N64 rom.

it was touched up a bit, and modified to run on the GC smoother, clearer, and smexier. Also, it has a slightly better framerate due to the emulator taking advantage of the GC's hardware.
I doubt they'd waste their time editing an old 64 game to "make it run better on the GC"
It's simply an emulator.
The only differences I've seen so far are the A and B buttons being Green and Red respectively, while they were Blue and Green in the 64 version.

Have you PLAYED the two side by side? The graphical improvements are definitely noticeable (or even try playing the VC version). Maybe I dunno the full details; perhaps it is solely the emulator that makes it run better and clearer, all I know is that there IS a difference playing the two.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
Schlupi said:

It's simply an emulator.

I believe the roms on the GC discs actually branch out of the emulator to play one of the final scenes as a video file as best as I can recall

the green/red buttons are actually changed in the rom itself tho

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, a texture pack have been made for oot64.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo/n6...ture-packs.html
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32979#32979
It works with Project64, but I doubt the 64 emulator on android support the loading of texture from another source.

Pong20302000 said:

BTW, Although yongzh emulators have been removed from android marketplace, it's not because he has them that he pirated them, yongzh posted his emulators on SlideMe store after they were taken down.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=294...ndroid+emulator

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
marcus134 said:
Actually, a texture pack have been made for oot64.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo/n6...ture-packs.html
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32979#32979
It works with Project64, but I doubt the 64 emulator on android support the loading of texture from another source.

Pong20302000 said:

BTW, Although yongzh emulators have been removed from android marketplace, it's not because he has them that he pirated them, yongzh posted his emulators on SlideMe store after they were taken down.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=294...ndroid+emulator
I was going to post this but I saw you did already. people here are pretty annoying, instead of helping him with something that could be something like what he wants, they just make fun of him and flame him. GBAtemp makes me sad now :

D

Deleted-236924

Schlupi said:
Pingouin7 said:
Schlupi said:

It's simply an emulator.

Have you PLAYED the two side by side? The graphical improvements are definitely noticeable (or even try playing the VC version). Maybe I dunno the full details; perhaps it is solely the emulator that makes it run better and clearer, all I know is that there IS a difference playing the two.
I haven't, but I've played both the original and the GC version and didn't notice anything. (Talking about a real 64 and a real GC here, on the same TV.)

Would there be a noticeable difference when played on an emulator?

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
ochtendjas said:
WiiBricker said:
Not gonna happen. You cant do that for obvious reasons.
why not?

Actually, you could do it with texture packs however you won't be able to use the exact textures from 3DS for a looong time. Right now you may be able to use texture packs on N64oid, I don't think so though as I have it on my Galaxy S Captivate.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:

planning to mod a 3ds game which if you read a 3ds agreement its not allowed to modify the game data

let's report him to Nintendo guys

Hey, idiot, first of all it wasn't banned, the author removed it because of complaints of it lagging. And it's not really a sony phone, it's made by sony ericcson, a totally different company that's just owned by Sony. It doesn't run on anything sony-related, just a custom UI made by Ericcson that runs on Google's Android Gingerbread (2.3) so what people download on the marketplace have nothing to do with Sony. And APK's aren't illegal, he didn't download an illegal APK either. He could've bought it before it came out and put it on an SD card, or got it from YongZH, or he could've got it off another market.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Schlupi said:
Pingouin7 said:
Schlupi said:

It's simply an emulator.

I haven't, but I've played both the original and the GC version and didn't notice anything. (Talking about a real 64 and a real GC here, on the same TV.)

Would there be a noticeable difference when played on an emulator?

It seems there is a misunderstanding; the GC version of Ocarina of Time is just a rom being played by an emulator. >_>

That is what I have been arguing this whole time, that it is just a souped up rom in a performance enhancing emulator on the Gamecube, lol.

@ Brian: U Mad, Bro? Pong was straight up screwing around, Trollin'. He wasn't for real.
tongue.gif

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In fact the GC version of the rom was improved in several respects and this same ROM was used on the Virtual Console version (metallic effects on all items, etc, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos