Extracting LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and SecureInfo_A from a NAND Dump?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by QuickQuestion, Nov 17, 2016.

1. QuickQuestion
    OP

QuickQuestion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    I've seen several people ask this among the various ban discussion threads, and figured I'd make a central thread for discussion about it. Pretty much, some of us have an old NAND backup of a 3DS/2DS, where the system in question no longer works, but the NAND should in theory contain all of the files we need to unban a working console.

If you have any ideas/suggestions on how to extract these files from a NAND Dump please post them below, anything will be appreciated! Thank you

2. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    Lol I have an archive of a bunch of NANDS from systems that are defunct. Is there going to be a LFC/SecureInfo for resale like people were selling keyvaults? LOL

3. QuickQuestion
    OP

QuickQuestion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    Haha, you could potentially be in business shortly if we find a way :)

One really unsafe method, but I don't see why it wouldn't work in theory, would be to restore one of those NANDS to an A9LH system (preferably one you didn't care too much about losing if worst came to worst), and booting Decrypt9 on startup. Even though the console will be bricked, I wonder if Decrypt9 would still be able to extract the information from the NAND.

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    No, exactly because the keys are console specific, now if you had a xorpad...

5. Thedave

Thedave Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    you can only use them if you have a xorpad from that console

6. yashar13

yashar13 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Italy
    Hey guys, but what if I use the localfriend of my own dump before the dump?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

7. Dysproh

Dysproh Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    Put it on an emunand.