OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when i have a file of certain games i get two files

1, psp_game- which has files....systir/usrdir/param.sfo/icon0/1/snd0.at3
2,umd data.bin

in which dont have iso or cso files when zipped from winzip/winrar/7zip??????

Whats going on here can anyone give some info on how these need to be converted to iso/cso.....i have played around with power iso in which i got some to work but still having a few niggles with this part???
unsure.gif
even tryed to convert full zip with iso compressor to cso which then gives me a cso file but when put to iso file its not there on psp....am i going in the totaly different direction...on how to get these to work....
blink.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You must of extracted the ISO then.
winRAR make's ISO associated with the software, so you must of thought it was a RAR file.

If you don't like it, download imgburn (etc.) so you know between ISO and .rar and won't make the same mistake again
tongue.gif

wrighty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so if thats already the iso how comes it doesnt play obviously cos its not iso/cso formatted...whats this other download you say will this then convert to iso to be able to put in file on root....

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's an easier way. From any explorer window press alt > tools > folder options... > View > Show and UNTICK "Hide extensions for known file types". That way you can always see the file extension of any file.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Maybe it won't play because you have low firmware?

Do this for me. Right click > Properties and screenshot.
I think that will tell you if its an ISO or not, I'm not 100% sure because I haven't done it myself.

nvm, thanks dirty_harry
biggrin.gif

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no problems.

wrighty, what did you download and what is the filename? That way we can figure out if you downloaded an ISO or if you downloaded some ancient old format.

If the file you downloaded has the extension of .ISO, then you don't need to extract any more. Just pop that into the ISO folder on your memory card and you're good to go.

wrighty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
like i say with a lot of files i have downloaded there is the iso/cso files there and yes they go to the iso file ba-bom job done...plays ok....sometimes when i get file download it gives us a win....file then when i got extract in win....you get the boot.bin/eboot...etc..etc.. but no iso file....like i said on early post i messed around with power iso and the coverted to cso come D'LS and got one or two working...so just a bit miffed tha you get two sub files psp game and umd_data.bin which like you say dean as if the iso has been extracted to far...but only have extracted once from DL....

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
wrighty said:
like i say with a lot of files i have downloaded there is the iso/cso files there and yes they go to the iso file ba-bom job done...plays ok....sometimes when i get file download it gives us a win....file then when i got extract in win....you get the boot.bin/eboot...etc..etc.. but no iso file....like i said on early post i messed around with power iso and the coverted to cso come D'LS and got one or two working...so just a bit miffed tha you get two sub files psp game and umd_data.bin which like you say dean as if the iso has been extracted to far...but only have extracted once from DL....

If you get an eboot then you extracted the file too much or actually extracted the iso file. As other said, if you installed winrar with default options, then you asociated ISO files to appear as compressed files.

wrighty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think like you guys are saying i could be getting this sort of thing because the download is the iso...so when i extract it in win-zip it would give us these two folders which make up the iso/cso file...so what i have done grabbed the zip file and compressed it to a cso file to give us a cso new file....for this method sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt....games i found it with MOD1/F109/motorstorm acrtic edge/assasin creed bloodiness/..................maddenNFL10-which i got working with power iso and F109....i did try the umdburner too but didnt get joy with that either??????????

i think iam basicly getting the iso as a win file and not iso....

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're confusing yourself. Almost all sources i have found offer files as a series of .rar files. After you extract that you get a single iso. If you enable the viewing of file extensions like i described earlier, you will clearly see the .iso file. It's really quite simple mate.

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use a program called UMDGEN 4 to sort out all your PSP iso/cso needs. Really is a good program, it'll let you pop all of those files straight into an iso or even cso as well.

wrighty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers guy have used the umdgen(after getting the noob guide how to use) to complile the iso then compressed to cso and works a treat.......whoop...whoop
gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte